Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know if anyone is running them and if they have had any problems with them?

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
the ones i wat looking at where $150 form a company called ssautochrome, i have purshased other parts form them before that have held up great, with no fitment issues

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
I have heard if you atleast coat them then they are not half bad.
The kind of Stainless still they use turn colors after time and heat.
Try to get them ceramic coated or powdercoated.
Good luck.

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
Good luck.
Pretty much any chrome plated tubing will turn colors when it's heated. The Mopar headers do and they're pretty high quality.

·
Resleeves rnaz's borings
9,536 Posts
They are cheap. THe coating will cost more than the headers... use them till you find a "quality" set of headers to install in their place! :D

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
i used ebay headers and ebay front mount form my high hp eclipse gsx and no problems, + they do turn kinda a blue color next to the flange, but no leaks, all though i didnt use there gaskets, but the style of headers i needed for my turbo setup was $680, these where replicas, that i compared to my buddies who had the expensive ones, and they where down to the T the exact came thing, mine was just $500 cheaper

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
if you run them with out coating keep everything away from them because if it's within a couple inches it will melt. they get horribly hot. also trying to bolt them up is a pain because all you get is little finger half turns on the bolt.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
I like the color changed stainless color especailly when its only the first few inches away from the head then blends back to stainless shiny.

·
R/T to the GT!
1,932 Posts
I like the color changed stainless color especailly when its only the first few inches away from the head then blends back to stainless shiny.
yeah me too, from bright and shiny, to blue, then purple, then almost black. really cool!

I really liked the way the SS header looked on my gixxer

·
Registered
39 Posts
4.7 headers

do you know the average ceramic coating price I am wondering if just paying for the product you want is the way to go.

Good luck.

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
Coating $99 headers would be a total waste of $. You can get dupont high heat ceramic paint for $5-$8, pepboys has best selection. Not from personal experience but $99 headers will be a waste of not only $99 but your time and aggravation.

I got a set of used PPH midlength for $420 and $40 for remlex gasket. I'll be using a can of that hightemp paint to touch them up. If you're patient and have time you might find a set of spintech for less the $400, there was a craigs ad for mpp long tubes for $350. Try searching one of the allofcraigs sites for mopar header and see what you don't find.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
how do you search all of craigslist.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
I know... If there really is a way RJ Hythlody PLEASE fill us in

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
Go to google.com and search (headers site:craiglist.org)
You can search anything just type what ever you are looking for before the word site.

As for coating the headers. My powdercoater locally charges $85 to do a high temp Powdercoat designed for headers. That price is for both headers.
Good luck with you header search!

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
You can search anything just type what ever you are looking for before the word site.

As for coating the headers. My powdercoater locally charges $85 to do a high temp Powdercoat designed for headers. That price is for both headers.
That's not a bad price, my local wanted $85 for a set of valve covers on a batch job. $110 w/ out.

I use a site called allofcraigs I've contacted several people willing to ship.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts

sorry man i dont understand search (headers site:craiglist.org) can you please explain:huh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts