Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Durango has been a baby hauler for the last few months and I don't think I'll ever be able to rock something this big again. At least not in this ride. Is anyone interested in this monstrosity? A can of paint or a little carpet and it'll look good and its pretty damn loud. It actually responds really flat in my rango, not a SPL one note wonder box. It did over a 150 like everywhere from 28 to 55hz it was kind of crazy.

Fits pretty much perfect in there left to right, almost the exact width of our hatch.

To give you an idea on how big the box is, lol, those are 15s :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
was that score on the TL? or AC mic? and any pics or vids of those numbers? especially at the low 30's and high 20's range. not denying it, just doesnt look like a lot of power, so i'm just curious to see the score :). 150 @ 30 hz is pretty good imo

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Big as a damn casket! What is that 200lbs?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
John, If I had a rango I would be all over that box!! Unfortunately I don't have a rango and that wouldn't fit in my club cab all that well plus the port firing to the roof would probably kill any kind of SPL potential. Good luck, you've had that box for a while and have done some seriously good score's with it for the last 2-3 year's.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was that score on the TL? or AC mic? and any pics or vids of those numbers? especially at the low 30's and high 20's range. not denying it, just doesnt look like a lot of power, so i'm just curious to see the score :). 150 @ 30 hz is pretty good imo
I don't think I have any more vids, they all disappeared when my comp crashed last summer. It was on a TL sensor, I have my own if anyone wants it :) The amp on the side of the box in the one pic wasn't the only one, it was just the only one attached to the box. There were another 3 amps, 3KW per sub for 12KW total with a Ohio Generator alternator and 5 Kinetik 2400 batteries.

It was pretty cool doing the 150s at 30hz, my peak for shows was actually 33 lol. It didnt' usually bring home the big trophy, other ppl with that much power in my class would have it walled off and do near a 160. But the reactions on ppls faces when they could actually feel the bass from the outside since it wasn't a 70hz fart can was priceless. It didn't get me the big trophy but it got a lot of attention and everyone had to sit inside!

·
Registered
49 Posts
ah gotcha. dno why i didnt think of other placements of amps lol. low bangers are definitely more fun. i'd gladly sacrifice a 160 @ 70 hz for a 150 @ 30 hz. i probably cant afford it, but just for kicks, how much for the termlab? i've wanted one for a while but just cant fork out the funds for one :(

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
You got me thinking man. There is no way to ship that thing. I would take off you hands. if you were in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho. I take it. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i probably cant afford it, but just for kicks, how much for the termlab? i've wanted one for a while but just cant fork out the funds for one :(
Last I remember the termlab with the meter, all cable's, and software was $600. This was 7 year's ago though, price's might have changed. Last time I saw a termlab was back in 2005 at my last car audio event I ever went to. Hasn't been many or any event's since then that I can remember.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i would be all over that if i had somewhere for it.
but my two 12's fill up the backseat. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Last I remember the termlab with the meter, all cable's, and software was $600. This was 7 year's ago though, price's might have changed. Last time I saw a termlab was back in 2005 at my last car audio event I ever went to. Hasn't been many or any event's since then that I can remember.
yeah that's about the going rate for them. i'll get one eventually...gotta pay off some debts tho :tdown:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh damn! lol im guessing the subs dont come with it lol?

and where you located?
I'm in Chicago. In exchange for the box I request some sort of delicious cheese, and maybe like a box of Chips Ahoy cookies.

The subs you have to pay for though :jester:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts