Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
wat about as far as replacing the bulbs in the power windows, and locks buttons
That is a completely different story. Not a job for a novice electrician.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i wanted to know the same thing :huh:
IIRC, theres an LED thats integrated into a curcuit board within each of those switch buttons. It may require some electrical experience to unsolder and replace them with a different color.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Well, I can't get the bulbs I want from the dealer, and they were trying to sell me the whole unit. Fuck that.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
how much is the whole unit

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Your rango looks sweet!

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Lol thanks man just got and doing so pidley things to it, just bought the stock wheels, and about to order the bilstiens

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
how much is the whole unit

I dunno lol, I kinda blocked out everything else they said when I was told I couldn't get seperate bulbs. But I do know that a new 4x4 switch for my 04 is like $60 from autozone. I did order some lights that I hope are the right size from autolumination.com http://autolumination.com/74.htm Just scroll down a little more than half way and you'll see the neo wedge (twist locks) incondescent bulbs. The short ones in one group are not LED's as labled, they're incondescents. I ordered 3 of the type C T5 sized bulbs which are the widest at 12mm, cause I remeber the ones in the A/C control panel were pretty wide. I also ordered one of the 19mm tower incondescents for the headlight switch.

I'm going by guess work here, cause I dont have a little ruler that measures in milimeters, but I have a good idea with what sizes I'm dealing with :D Your Rango might use different lights cause the A/C control panel and headlight switch is different.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
ya, i would love to have all those ugly green lights gone, and swaped to blue, but idk if i trust my self with ANYTHING electronic

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If you get white LED's they'll look blue behind the dash. I just want some new regular bulbs so the unlit stuff lights up again! The green doesn't bother me but if I was to do a total make-over with the dash lights, I'd want it all red!

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I finally broke down and bought the leds for the switches. Not sure about other years but my 2000 runs these:
Type B Tall (T4) 10mm= 3/8" 1Each - Headlight Switch
Type A (T3) 8mm= 5/16" 1Each - Headlight Switch/Brights
Type B (T4) 10mm= 3/8" 2Each - All HAVC Lighting

Bought From: http://autolumination.com/74.htm

They where last of my blue interior lighting conversion to do list. :mullet:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Better hope your backlighting bulbs are different than what was in my 04. I didn't buy LED's, I got the incondescents instead. The ones that fit the HAVAC panel were the type C T-5 bulbs, they were a tiny bit smaller than the originals but were just big enough to fit. The type B, tall bulb (I call it the tower bulb) was shorter than the original but the contacts fit the socket perfectly. The big problem with it that I had was because it was shorter, it couldn't quite reach the clear plastic piece that spreads the light evenly so it showed a nasty hot spot.

To fix that, I had to take the original blown bulb off of the original plastic tower piece buy unwinding the wires. I took a bulb out of one of the few Type C T-5 bulbs I had left, cut the wires from the blown bulb, carefuly solder them to the new bulb so I have enough wire to stick through and wrap around the base of the original plastic bulb tower. With it all put back together I now have an even spread of light.

The rest of the type C bulbs I had left I used to replace the 4x4 light switch bulbs. They had to be soldered in.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I measured and matched, the tall bulb is shorter by a few MM, But I will deal with it if needed. I got all leds. I'm 100% LED where bulbs can be replaced on the truck and then some now. I just have to wait for them to come in to see how well they fit/work. If yours is the same as mine, then the only difference in type B-C is base width, the sockets cannot fit larger. The tall bulb is the same socket as the HAVC ones.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I measured and matched, the tall bulb is shorter by a few MM, But I will deal with it if needed. I got all leds. I'm 100% LED where bulbs can be replaced on the truck and then some now. I just have to wait for them to come in to see how well they fit/work. If yours is the same as mine, then the only difference in type B-C is base width, the sockets cannot fit larger. The tall bulb is the same socket as the HAVC ones.
I would think the bulbs would be different from the 04 to 00 models since the dash was redesigned in 2001.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Yeah your probably right.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I finally broke down and bought the leds for the switches. Not sure about other years but my 2000 runs these:
Type B Tall (T4) 10mm= 3/8" 1Each - Headlight Switch
Type A (T3) 8mm= 5/16" 1Each - Headlight Switch/Brights
Type B (T4) 10mm= 3/8" 2Each - All HAVC Lighting

Bought From: http://autolumination.com/74.htm

They where last of my blue interior lighting conversion to do list. :mullet:
Headlight switch---I take it you don't have fogs?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I do, ironicly I just installed them and the lower left light no longer glows, neither good working bulb(can't remember what it is for, I guess fogs, not brights lol). I must have jacked it up when I took it apart.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I do, ironicly I just installed them and the lower left light no longer glows, neither good working bulb(can't remember what it is for, I guess fogs, not brights lol). I must have jacked it up when I took it apart.
Whats the bright switch? For the instrument panel I assume? Otherwise all I need is the 1 headlight switch for the knob. So, T3 or T4?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.