Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have this turbo on my 318, for the price it's a decent turbo. I went with the .68ar. I think if i did it all again i would opt for the .96 or if you can find the .81 housing. It spools really quickly. I noticed while driving up hills I had a hard time staying out of boost, which would be my reasoning for a bigger housing. If you going to get one from vsracing I would also recommend a turbo blanket makes a huge difference with under hood temps.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think you should read up on the size because there is a lot more to it then if it is a good turbo or not.

Too small and you run out of boost too early. Too big and it spools up too slow.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out the size right now... I'm pretty sure the master power t70 would be good with the .96ar but if I can get a ball bearing garret for less why not, provided it works for my application.

These are the 2 numbers I got so far from him
452076-5004 and serial number LF442315
To4e36 does this mean anything

·
Hot Rods need 3 pedals!
1,409 Posts
the master power t70's are a great turbo. They seem to last a long time, and have a good price. for a 360 id run the .96AR, and hold on! I was planning on running the same turbo on my 318 till i went another way

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the chance of getting a .71ar right now for a very good price. Would that be on the small side or will it suffice. Not looking to go crazy with my setup

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So i used the turbo calculator and this is what I got

Garrett GT30 600 0.8200000000000001 HSG/ AR
flowing 50.8 Lb/min
Thats using http://www.turbofast.com.au/TFmatch.html
The master power t70 .71 flows more then 50.8 LB/s per min

I tried to use http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/index.php
But I have no idea what they are talking about it shows me a chart after with a red line. Can someone help me understand it better?

·
Hot Rods need 3 pedals!
1,409 Posts
the squirrel one works ok for me? you want the red dots to fall into the "middle island" thats the idea at least. Thats basically how you plot out compressor maps. Thats if all your numbers are correct. Compressor maps are great, IF you know exactly what your combo is gonna be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts