Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone do thier body lift on their 04 dakota. What skill level was involved. Did you need a lift?

T

·
0 Posts
it shouldnt be hard man i did mine with just a hydraulic jack and some jackstands

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
If you go over to DakotaUSA and look around there, you'll find TONS of threads and posts by me and several others about bodylifts. You can find more than enough information about it there.

Q

·
0 Posts
drsnoze said:
club cab it one door with a bake seat right
yeah, thats the CC. It houldnt be too hard then - the cab isnt as heavy as a QC. Air tools are great if you have em, you'll also need 2 jacks, blocks of wood, and some kind of a saw to cut the fan shroud. :banana2:

Q

·
0 Posts
let me know if youre gonna do it - I might be able to come up and help out :mullet:

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's not too difficult. The steering shaft extention is a pain in the @$$, but it's not so bad if you pull out the plastic splash guard in the drivers side front fender.

They give you 2 overload spacers for the bed that are optional, and if you put those in you'll need to weld.

There is also some welding on the shifter if it's a manual transmission. You'll need to cut the fan shroud (I used a rotary grinder powed by an air compressor and it worked great).

Other than that stuff it's a piece of cake. When you're done refilling the radiator, don't forget to let it idle with the cap off to get rid of the air in the system... otherwise it will overheat.

Good luck if you do it. Make sure to put up some pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts