Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running my 6.5 infinity kappa components off the factory amp. I have a decent sony deck (cdx-mp80) and am pretty sure it will sound better off that until I get a new 4 channel amp.
I know no-one makes a harness like metra and the like but did anyone actually do this and have the wires figured out?

and is the factory amp located under the dash on the pass side or the kick panel?

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Originally posted by jwdomino

is the factory amp located under the dash on the pass side or the kick panel?

it's in the pass. side kick panel. I think you have maybe 1 screw and then you can yank it off

T

·
0 Posts
It's on the passenger side in the kick panel. There is 2 bolts there holding it in. I tried to pull mine out but there is wiring at the top of the amp. The only way I know of getting it out is to pull the dash. Somebody correct me if I wrong. When I did my system I ran new speaker wire in mine. There is no way around the factory amp to my knowledge but I could be wrong. I just ran new Speaker wire from the speaker to my new amp. I think you would have to wait till you get that after market amp. Hope this helps

·
Registered
92 Posts
Me too. I also thought it was hard to take out so i ran new wire

L

·
0 Posts
i bypased the factory infinity amp in my 01 r/t cc using a wiring schematic i found somewhere ( can't remember ) . it was a pain, but easier than running all new speaker wires and the irritation of dismantling the entire interior to hook up the speaker wires to the speakers. the plugs that go to the factory amp, one is input, with a turn on wire and the output is 4 speakers (duh), might be a neat place to stuff a small 2 or 4 channel amp so it is totally stealth because once i pulled the infinty amp out, there is a decent bit of room. the wire colors changed coming out of the ampso its not just a matter of matching them up between the two plugs.

·
Registered
872 Posts
There are two screws and a clip at the top that you have to push the amp up and then pull it forward then down and it should come out. That’s how I got it of my Durango. Then find the color wires on the harness that there are two of the same colors and cut them. Grab a 9v battery (don’t worry it wont break the speakers) and tap on wire to each terminal and listen to which speaker pops mark the wire with what speaker pops, continue until you have found all 4 speakers. Make sure that the truck is not on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts