Dakota Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyones raced an 03 Cobra out there... put it this way some rich kid that thinks he knows everything needs to get beat.... wondering if any R/T's or other dodge owners have put one of these to shame and what did you have to do it?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Just wondering if anyones raced an 03 Cobra out there... put it this way some rich kid that thinks he knows everything needs to get beat.... wondering if any R/T's or other dodge owners have put one of these to shame and what did you have to do it?
He'll kill you....

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
yer fucked.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
make sure you get about a 10 car length head-start. even at that, you're done.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Bring him my way. Ill race him.

·
Loser
568 Posts
such positive replies! but no dude most R/Ts cant touch a stock cobra, there are some on here though, but most of them are highly modified and boosted. dont let some snobby rich kid get to you, just build your truck how you like it and take pride in knowing that your not driving a cookie cutter "poor mans race car" dime a dozen mustang like that guy.

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
make sure you get about a 10 car length head-start. even at that, you're done.
Even if you have some good performance mods and the Termy is bone stock, he'd still ass rape you.

Reactions: ALipper

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
Even if you have some good performance mods and the Termy is bone stock, he'd still ass rape you.
i was giving the kid some hope. :jester:

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
A local here traded his R/T for an '03 Cobra. After all the hype, I wasn't all that impressed. From what I just saw researching them, they run a high 12 stock. I realize they can be MONSTERS when they're modded though. I also realize high 12's can be a lot of $ for a Dakota owner.

Just sayin. They ain't all that stock.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
stock i think they are rated 390hp, but some people say thats under-rated and its really closer to 430hp....2003 was a upgrade year for them IIRC, with hp coming up from 320 to 390. and thats on 8lbs. they are a 6 speed also....basically, its gonna bend you over and make you call it daddy....i wouldnt recommend racing one unless you have a built motor with a power-adder.

·
i hate stupid old people
590 Posts
stock i think they are rated 390hp, but some people say thats under-rated and its really closer to 430hp....2003 was a upgrade year for them IIRC, with hp coming up from 320 to 390. and thats on 8lbs. they are a 6 speed also....basically, its gonna bend you over and make you call it daddy....i wouldnt recommend racing one unless you have a built motor with a power-adder.
right on point, ford rated it at 390hp at the crank and its been proven to be rated pretty conservative. with some simple bolt ons and a good tune those can hit 500rwhp. bad idea to race a stock one unless you have a built truck. then if he has any mods your done anyway.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Juice and tires and you should should be able to out run him from a dig till some time in third. (if it's stock) If you get some decent mods, you might be able to stay ahead of thim through the whole quarter.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I tore one up, but I was in the diesel. We were just playing around at first, but once he saw he could not hang with me, he would not even try.

Reactions: Grapejuice1998

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
i was giving the kid some hope. :jester:
LOL, fuck hope! :jester: There ain't none! :banana2:

They are under-rated from the factory, producing around 360 HP and TQ to the wheels, about 415-420 HP to the flywheel. With just a simple pulley swap, intake, full exhaust, and a kickass tune, it's pushin over 450HP to the wheels.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
dude i cant even hang with a 96 cobra in my r/t! true im pretty dam sure ive been death flashed, but off th bat we were even but then he just took off on me. both of us were stock minus exhaust setups. now hes got a tune and some suspension and runs 12s in the quarter and im still sittin at high 15s :rant:

i wouldnt waste the gas on an 03-04 cobra, the only thing thats gonna happen is u will get a good look at his rear end and then he'll be gone

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Yea Cobra's are nice. Can be made very quick with not much work..but it seems like the owners are cocky SOB's. Comparing Cobra's to Dakota's is like comparing apples to oranges though... C'mon, we're driving trucks! Although I bet it stings that much more when a truck does hand them their ass :)

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.