Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is hard to explain but curious if anyone else knows about this. After I drive with my air conditioner on and turn off my truck water drips (condensation from the air conditioner when it is really hot outside I believe). This is normal on all cars I believe, but the water drips on something that is hot underneath my truck cause after I turn it off you can hear water sizzling as it drips. Is this normal? Is something plugged maybe and it isn't dripping correctly. I think it is just the condensation from the air conditioner dripping water cause it just looks like water. But it drips on something and makes a sizzling sound.

Is this normal with all Dakotas or is something not right?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Its normal, no need to worry. The condensation is probably splashing on the exhaust or somthing.

V

·
0 Posts
I have the same thing on my 3.9 liter dakota. The condesor builds up alot of head on hot days from my headers and when i park it it sounds like sizzling and then there is a little water dropping on the ground, I am glad i am not the only one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the replies. I knew the water dripping from the air conditioner was normal but thought maybe it was dripping in the wrong place or something. Nothing to worry about I guess. Just sounds pretty funny and get some looks at the parking lots at times.

·
Registered
509 Posts
duketter said:
This is hard to explain but curious if anyone else knows about this. After I drive with my air conditioner on and turn off my truck water drips (condensation from the air conditioner when it is really hot outside I believe). This is normal on all cars I believe, but the water drips on something that is hot underneath my truck cause after I turn it off you can hear water sizzling as it drips. Is this normal? Is something plugged maybe and it isn't dripping correctly. I think it is just the condensation from the air conditioner dripping water cause it just looks like water. But it drips on something and makes a sizzling sound.

Is this normal with all Dakotas or is something not right?

duketter,

Happens all the time on my 01' Durango. I don't worry about unless it turns out something bad like Ford's problems. It might be dripping on the pre-converter.

rimfire,22

1 - 8 of 8 Posts