Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the wife told me when i graduate i could buy a new vehicle.. i just told her to let me keep the durango and have a little fun with it.... so, heres the big q... if i do a 408 will i still pass emissions in colorado? i live in the commerce city area so yes, unfortunately we still have a test every other year, and no, im not going to register it in weld co. my wife would never go for that.... anyone know if itll pass? id really love to have a big D with some nice grunt to it...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think if i end up going forced induction, i'd rather go turbo.. unless i can find a used keene bell setup... but yeah, either its going to be massive amounts of research to find out wether or not a 408 will pass, or its just go for boost.... hmmmm.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a home made turbo setup probably wouldnt cost any more than a supercharger kit, but i guess i havent looked into many supercharger kits as the first one i saw was around $5500..... i figured i could do a turbo for that much, or less..... guess we'll see.... where are you getting your supercharger from, and how much? just curious....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
if you are looking for a powerdyne let me know,,i bought nasty99's about 2 years ago but my durango got stolen before i could get a chance to install it-

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
ive also have a 408 that i bought about 2 months before it got stolen,,not sure if i'm going to sell that though

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
hmm honestly not to sure,,when i get home i'll go through my boxes and double check everythings there~

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
What exactly does emissions testing consist of in colorado? a 408 will look the same as the 5.9 and as long as you have a good exhaust setup it shouldn't affect that....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was thinking more along the lines of emissions output... im not too concerned about the looks of the motor.. i just dont want to go through with it only to find out that i cant drive my car after all that money i just spent.....and all because it emits .2 parts per million more than is allowed....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I believe you're asking the wrong question in the wrong place. I think it'd probably be more productive to find out on a local level if most 383s, 347s, 408Ws, 406 swaps, etc pass well or what areas may be an issue to tailor your paln to that. Just a thought in case you have no answer still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts