Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 durango w/ 5.2L. I am wanting to open the exhaust up, for better gas milage. Don't want anything too loud, I have two little boys and another one on the way. I also like to hear my music! But, on the other hand, I want it to sound nice.

What should I get?

I also want to get a new airfilter system. Should I go K&N or what?

Thanks,
dogthenine

·
Registered
82 Posts
How much money were you wanting to spend?

Jim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
dogthenine said:
I have a 99 durango w/ 5.2L. I am wanting to open the exhaust up, for better gas milage. Don't want anything too loud, I have two little boys and another one on the way. I also like to hear my music! But, on the other hand, I want it to sound nice.

What should I get?

I also want to get a new airfilter system. Should I go K&N or what?

Thanks,
dogthenine
For the exhaust, if you want a nice tone but not too loud, mayber try Magnaflow... they have a nice deep accelaration sound, but go quiet when you let off the gas... I have a Flowmaster 40 series and it's obnoxious ALL of the time... but I love it :biggthump

·
Registered
82 Posts
BTW I thought I'd just add a bit of information for ya.
Once you start the Upgrades it's a Domino effect.

1st you'll find yourself opening up the exhaust a bit, then you'll realize damn if i open the exhaust now i need to open up the Air Intake, then you'll be like well now that I have the Intake and Exhaust open now I need a SuperChip Programmer, Then it'll be How do I get more Traction because I smoke my tires all the time, Then it'll be new Rims and Tires ect ect ect.

Oh Also,.. Check your Y-Pipe. The Y-Pipe is where most 4.7L get killed at.
Check out the JBA Y-Pipe if your model year is listed.

I love this stuff.. hehe.
Think before you buy, make sure you only have to upgrade once and think ahead.

Enjoy and Mod Well. :banana2:

Jim.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OnlineAutorama said:
How much money were you wanting to spend?

Jim.
I am just trying to get info right now, cash is low. Trying to plan ahead, and not do something twice.

I am not looking for a big HP increase, just some more MPG!

Any thoughts, ideas, and help will be very apperciated.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.