Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is going to Hawaii around the middle of February, I'm not going, I need to get her a digital camera to take with her so she can take pics. Mind you, she's not "shutter-bug friendly", so whatever I get, needs to be simple "point & shoot" and at least take decent pics.

I have a Kodak C190 here that's starting to go out on me, I had to reformat the 8gb external memory card last night because it would not take or download pics on my desktop PC.

I found out last night that Kodak is getting out of the digital camera game and focusing on other venues.

What do you guys recommend? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on the camera for her to take, maybe less than $100.

I am going to need to pic up a decent digital camera for me to go along with my 35mm Minolta that I dug out of mothballs, but that will be later

Thanks, Bryan

·
King Daddy D.O.G.!!
11,982 Posts
Nikkon L810...it's point and shoot, but looks like a higher end DSLR. 24X zoom and 16.1 megapixel. You can find them for $200 and less at Best Buy. I have one and love it. The fact that it takes AAA batteries and not a special type sold me on it...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nikkon L810...it's point and shoot, but looks like a higher end DSLR. 24X zoom and 16.1 megapixel. You can find them for $200 and less at Best Buy. I have one and love it. The fact that it takes AAA batteries and not a special type sold me on it...
My sister has one of those and it is really nice

Sent from my LG-MS910 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
For under $100 you are not going to get something super spectacular. If you are just wanting to print 4x6 pictures to look at or keep some on the computer they would do fine but if you plan on printing larger sizes you will want to spend a little more money. Also don't get hung up on mega pixels. It is more of a marketing ploy then anything. What might be more important then the camera is for her to learn some basics of photography. Nothing special just find a photographer and talk with them for a little bit. A good photographer can take better pictures with a cheap camera then a normal person can take with a $10K camera. The good news is that in Hawaii during the day there is plenty of light which makes things easy. Trying to take pictures indoors or in low light situations is where you need some decent equipment and to know how to set up your camera for those situations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts