Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search before I posted this, and it seems there are more than a few problems with power door locks on these trucks. Mine is a bit different though. I have a 2000 CC R/T

When the autolock feature activates, the passenger lock works but the driver's door lock doesn't lock. Instead it makes a noise very similar to a cordless drill. I have a Haynes manual for the truck but it is noticeably short on info related to the power locks. I imagine whatever links the door lock actuator to the physical lock has come undone, but why would it make such a noise?

Also, the driver's window shudders on the way down. Time to grease it, or get a new regulator?

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
the motor is worn out. I know my freinds 99 sport dak does the same with both door. sounds like a dentist drill. will have to prob change out the accuators in the door.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll have to take the door panel off later and check it out. I was going to rip out the Infinity speakers and install my Cantons anyway, so I'll take a look when I do that.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if it needs to be replaced, then where do I get it cheap? If it doesn't make the truck faster I don't want to spend a lot on it. :D

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
junk yard, ebay or local part store. as we all know the stealership will charge an arm and leg for them

·
Registered
582 Posts
I remember replacing alot of those at the dealer I worked at... retail was @120.00 and it only paid us .6 of an hour to put it in (with practice it's possible) and the 3gens definately gave us practice. Be thankful you don't have a durango, then you'd have four of 'em to worry about.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A friend who works at Autoway Nissan told me he can have it sent over from Autoway Dodge for $55. Soon, I will have locking doors!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts