Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm driven on the freeway and i happen to look down and see that the damn check engine light is on in my dakota. its running fine but i hate to see that little check engine light come on every time i look at how fast i'm going. its running fine and i have no idea on what it is. i was getting an oil change and i when i started up me engine this guy told me about 4 weeks ago that is sounded as if i had an exhaust leak but i'm not for sure if that would cause the light to go on. any suggestions. Please respond asap :bow:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
did you check for codes?

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
yea check for codes first...i dont think the exhaust leak will make the engine light come on but it could lead to faulty o2 sensor or something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
exhaust leaks could make the engine light come on as the exhaust escapes. the sensors can detect that is leaking from the temp. and the pressure of the gases. but check for leaks. check codes first though to see what sensor it is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found out what the code is. it's 950 it says that the cluster is not receiving an ABS lamp-on message from the CAB. And to correct it either 1. Check the CCD data bus connections at the CAB or
2. Check the CAB fuse. But i have no idea where the CCD data bus connection is at. Any suggestions or any ideas feel free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts