Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im at the point where i am about ready to burn my truck. everytime i hit a bump the front end has a rattle sound. hard to describe what it sounds like. maybe like in a car when the front struts are worn out and have that clatter on bumps.

anyways, ive replaced lower balljoints, upper balljoints, sway bar bushings, and front shocks. there is nothing loose in the front of the truck as far as im away of. what the hell am i missing here????

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
ok im at the point where i am about ready to burn my truck. everytime i hit a bump the front end has a rattle sound. hard to describe what it sounds like. maybe like in a car when the front struts are worn out and have that clatter on bumps.

anyways, ive replaced lower balljoints, upper balljoints, sway bar bushings, and front shocks. there is nothing loose in the front of the truck as far as im away of. what the hell am i missing here????
Control arm bushings?

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking control arm bushings too. then i didnt think so but i remember something that happened a year or so ago....

i was looking for a brake noise so i had my truck on the lift in 4wd. everytime i would hitthe brakes, both of the front tires would bow in or out. it was the lower control arm moving around. it was a while ago i cant remember for sure but if thats the case... im pretty sure that movement isnt normal.

B

·
0 Posts
Sway bar end links. Had the same thing on my '00 that was about to drive me crazy. Replaced the end links and it's all over with. :woot:

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my front end doesnt have sway bar links. only bushings, which i replaced lol.

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no lol. on the older dakota 4wd that used only bushings. they attached to the lower control arm with a retainer with a bushings inside of it. no sway bar links were used.

B

·
0 Posts
no lol. on the older dakota 4wd that used only bushings. they attached to the lower control arm with a retainer with a bushings inside of it. no sway bar links were used.
Opps! Missed the 4x4 part. I stand corrected. :sorry:

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your good dwight, ur just gettin a little senile =]

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Are the upper a-arm bolts tight. Really tight? Seems a common issue after alignments, surely could come up otherwise as well.

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im pretty sure they are. ive done quite a few alignments on my truck though so its possible. but i remember tightening them up with a breaker bar pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts