Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so in my 03 CC i have under the passenger seat, an amp for my interior speakers, and for the custom mtx enclosure i have the amp under the drivers seat. I have been having a problem with that one. It seems that it over heats and the subs fade in and out. I thought about installing a fan for behind there (besides the fact that the amps BARELY fit under the seats). The amp doesn't feel hot, so i dk. Any one have any suggestions, maybe the amp is shot, i dk. If u leave the radio like low, it will play fine, but wihen i put them up a bit higher, they will work for about half a song and then start fading in and out. Help me out all u audid wizards! :huh:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
might not feel hot to the touch, but inside it could be...you might want to re-think putting it under the seats so thers enough ventilation to keep it cool...or do as you said, and install some fans. the one under the passenger seat might be fine cause theres (might) not someone always sitting on the seat creating more booty heat (lol) that might cause the amp to act up. try putting the amp in the free air on the rear seat and see what happens. If it works fine then its ventilation, but if it doesnt, you might want to take a look at the fan system in your amp.

hope this helps, and if anything's incorrect with this peoples...let us know

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea of where to put the amp? I mean with such limited space, under there was probably the best place for them. Do you think the amp could be faulty?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it very well could be faulty..but im guessing it could be just too warm...you could mount it to the back wall of the cab...or the side walls...under the windows (ive seen both). This may turn into a custom install though which means extra dough. Ive even seen amps mounted in the ceilings...imagine that. If the walls dont work, i dont know what to tell ya bro...perhaps another person would know the answer to your question. sorry i couldnt help ya out bro

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man, i remembered that i had a 4 yr replacement place on that amp, so i went back to best buy and decided to exchange it, but instead i got a smaller amp so that it will fit a little better, hopefully it wouldn't need a fan, i left that amp on the floor in the back w/ nothing covering it, and it still was overheating. thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts