Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rockford Fosgate 500S amplifier that I installed this weekedn for my two MTX 10s and so far i popped two inline C clip fuses (35 amp), then i replaced it with a 50 amp that blew. After that I redid all of my electrical connections and then upgraded to a Gold plated 60 AMP AGU that is about 16'' away from the positive terminal of the battery. It blew, I am going to try a new Amp terminal connector and 80 amp fuse but if that doesnt work what could be the problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Putting in higher resistance fuses IS NOT, I repeat IS NOT, the way to fix the problem of a fuse blowing. The only thing that this will cause is a greater chance of blowing something important in your amp.

What you want to do is make sure all your connections are good and make sure none of your power cables have any tears in the insulation.

If the cable came with a 35A fuse, you do not want to put in anything stronger than a 35A fuse.

Don't say nobody warned you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the amp gauge is 8 for both the Ground and power, AND.... it came with both the inline C-clip 35 amp fuse and then AGU 50 amp gold plated fuse, i am pretty sure it is a ground problem now and am going to see what i can do this weekend, thats for the suggestions guys.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
venom said:
Well the amp gauge is 8 for both the Ground and power, AND.... it came with both the inline C-clip 35 amp fuse and then AGU 50 amp gold plated fuse, i am pretty sure it is a ground problem now and am going to see what i can do this weekend, thats for the suggestions guys.
Well, if the amp accepts it...i'd use 4awg power and ground. For that amp, you could use a 60amp no problem...for the 500 wrms...that's the most you'd need.

NG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FUse still popping..... HELP!!!

SO I changed the location of the Ground cable and I checked all of the wiring and the Fuse is still popping, On my final fuse ( 60 amp AGU ) I checked the fuse as soon as i turned the key i saw the power going through the main power right into the fuse and it juse melted it right away, I am thinking I need either 4 gauge wiring instead of 8 gauge. If not what other problems could it be

:help: :help:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.