Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the Amber Bulbs in Clear Corner lenses? I am thinking about getting some clear corners but in Georgia the turn singal must be Amber. I was just wondering what they looked like and if you could tell that there were Amber Bulbs in them. I do know though that if you turn its goin to blink Amber im just wondering about when it is not blinking if you can tell that it is Amber to clear up anything.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Well I have the clear corners, and we have strict laws here in maryland too bud, but I went with the new sylvania corner bulbs. They have a irradescent blue tint when they are unlit, but when they are lit up, they are pure amber light. Take a look. If you like them you can get them at your local Pep boys or advanced auto.

~CYCLONE_06

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Yea, they are some sweet bulbs, $18.00 a set at Pep Boys, and if you do the mail in rebate, they are only $12.00 a set. Really awesome bulbs, They really clean the front end up. Just look how clean the front is in my sig.

~CYCLONE_06

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot, i think im goin to go ahead and order my clear corners then and replace the bulbs with the sylvania corner bulbs.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Thats What I would do if I were you. But, the small corner bulbs, the 194's that you see, those are not sylvania bulbs. Those are just normal amber bulbs I painted in high teperature 500 degree engine enamel. I just lightly dusted them with silver. As you can see, when its done right, they look awesome.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
406 Posts
High Heat Paint

Is the high temp paint transparent enough to let the light shine through?...i wanted to do an experiment with my extra fog bulbs, i wanted to try to paint them with the high heat paint, and wondering if it will shine through

-X

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Well, if you put it on thick it wont work. You have to lightly "dust" the bulbs. By that I mean, stay back about 4 to 6 feet, and let the mist of the paint get to the bulb. If you see some amber (or whatever color glass), showing through, its ok, you know it will work. If you dont see any color, it wont work.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 9 of 9 Posts