Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
145 DB Club
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a buddy bought a 1998 GMC Sierra 350 vortech, was really showing off burnouts bragging it had lots of power. So I hopped into my pickup and he peeled out, so I followed him eventually we hit a straight stetch. I pulled out dropped a gear and laid into and slowly started to pass than he pinned it slowly came up to about my door than my fender and stayed there never pulled on me. Its well known my trucks been drove hard, the 318 is tired and she burns a little oil. I soon got a text after saying "nice buddy" I was kinda proud. I guess my old 318 isnt as tired as I thought... I know its a full size, but I also run 33's and have a considerable amount more mileage. Its always fun putting people in there place haha and this truck always surprises me lol.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Some guy in a newer Sierra flew past me the other night while I was doing 60 in a 55 on a two lane straight stretch, so I matted it and before I knew it I was right back in front of him and hitting 115 so I kept slowing down and toying with him for the next 12ish miles lol. This old 4.7 is alright for having 128k on it too lol.

·
145 DB Club
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think people really under estimate these little trucks when it comes to how fast they are. I know it's no high performance vehicle, and far from being "fast" by todays standards but all things considered they more than hold there own if you ask me.

·
Registered
704 Posts
nice job, and yea alot of people do underestimate what these trucks can do, I got a guy at work that jus got about a 89 model 5.0 stang all factory think it baddest car in town, has no idea about the modifications on my truck most importantly being my zex nitrous kit, asked if I wanted to run em, told him to let me know which fri test and tune and we'll takem to the track, I can imagine the look on his face when I hit the purge lol

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
My boy who owns a '02 Pontiac Firebird WS-6 is rather impressed with my truck even though it is probably one of the slower vehicles he hangs out with. He still loves my truck and respects it. We're toying with the idea of putting his NOS kit in my truck for next spring opener at the track. He feels that my truck can get into the upper 13s with a 100 shot and street tires, I personally don't think it'll happen without drag radials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts