Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 20 Posts

· 99 Problems
2,445 Posts
fuck where were all these people selling them when I needed one? haha I just got one from Vatozone today and changed mine out. Including driving time to get the new one and shit it was like a 2 hour job, and that included breakfast break haha

Still had the squeak after... Check the belt too, go buy a Napa gold series belt for like $50, I am on my 3rd as they come with a lifetime warranty. Mine needed to be changed as well.

· 99 Problems
2,445 Posts
you could get yours rebuilt..... new bearings and other internals, would be just like a reman one...

and just because your belt doesn't have 30K on it doesn't mean it isn't time to replace it. If something like a pulley is off balance or the bearing is bad, or the tensioner isn't putting the correct tension on it, it WILL make the belt go bad much faster. I am on my 3rd belt in about 30K total. First one didn't last more than 5k (because of a bad tensioner) second was just replaced because of a bad bearing in the alternator... can't just assume its fine.

· 99 Problems
2,445 Posts
haha wow its like your having EVERY issue and thought I just did haha. My fan in the front has a slight, very slight wobble too it, I was also thinking that could be the issue. Go in order of least expensive to the most haha. Pull the fan off the front, then change the belt, then change the alternator

1 - 3 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.