Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what does everyone have? I'm looking for something pretty good and that has remote start. I was thinking something like AutoPage C3-RS 730.

Goods reviews on Auto Page?

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
I have an Atopage rs 900 and my cousin has the rs 1000, I have no complaints other than the advertized range is total bullshit.......said 1 mile....realistically in a residential area, its more like 1/4 mile.........other than that, its an awesome 2-way paging alarm!!!!!!not hard to install either....as long as you have a bit of wiring know-how.......

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Running an older Audiovox Prestige and haven't had any problems with it. It's a two way paging one. Place that installed it would only install Audiovox alarms. They wouldn't touch a Viper alarm even if the customer brought it in to them.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Hahaha that's cuz viper is total shit.......I wouldn't touch any alarm from viper......only place around me that sells viper is Best Buy.........that's my first clue for not buying it.........LOL

·
7,610 Posts
had a 2 way alarm n auto start on mine, worked for 2 yrs and one day it just freaked out, shop that installed it said the brain went out, it was a prestige

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Shit happens with electronics sometimes. I've had mine on my truck for 7 years with no problems other than having to replace the LCD paging remote recently due to the LCD screen going out. $60 for a new remote and I 'programmed" it myself in 5 minutes. Can start my truck with unobstructed view from about 1/8 mile away give or take. No need for any further range than that. Plus it can be set up to automatically start the truck at a certain time each day, or when the inside temp reaches a certain user set temperature since it has a built in temp sensor.

·
7,610 Posts
mine wouldnt program replacement remotes at all, lost my 2 way, had to use the regular remote, it worked good until it screwed up

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
mine wouldnt program replacement remotes at all, lost my 2 way, had to use the regular remote, it worked good until it screwed up
When i got mine in, I found like three different sets of instructions online for reprogramming the remotes. Just had to find the right one for my alarm, which ended up being the easiest one. I had actually bought the wrong remote at first and while I got it to work for locking and unlocking the doors it wouldn't program for the correct buttons. You had to use the same button to lock and unlock. Finally go the correct remote and works great.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with Viper alarms. DEI alarms, clifford, Python and Viper are all the same alarm systems. I have several Viper 5902 Responder HD Color SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System5902V also the Previous 5901 and never an issue. Security system problems normally arise from the installation. Viper also has a Iphone app that's really cool the Smart Start. you can check status and arm/disarm/RS multiple vehicles. With no distance limitation - now that's cool

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I know someone that could put it for me for like 100 bucks. The stereo shop here wants 500 bucks for the alarm i'm looking at. Thats with out install.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with Viper alarms. DEI alarms, clifford, Python and Viper are all the same alarm systems. I have several Viper 5902 Responder HD Color SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System5902V also the Previous 5901 and never an issue. Security system problems normally arise from the installation. Viper also has a Iphone app that's really cool the Smart Start. you can check status and arm/disarm/RS multiple vehicles. With no distance limitation - now that's cool
The problems I've heard about Viper is lower quality units over the last several years and shitty customer support should any problems arise which has turned a lot of installers away from them. It was the customer support that caused the guy who installed my alarm to drop the Viper line from his shop.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Well I know someone that could put it for me for like 100 bucks. The stereo shop here wants 500 bucks for the alarm i'm looking at. Thats with out install.
You sure that $500 is without install?? Most stereo shops advertised price is the installed price. And whether you have them install it or not, it's the same price. They make all their money on labor, not parts. Mine was $450 installed, and even if I just bought the alarm from them and installed it myself, it was still $450. I could have bought the same alarm on Ebay all day long for under $200. Even the guy who installed it told me his cost on the actual alarm itself was only like $120.

·
Registered
327 Posts
well not sure what you mean by lower quality. Are you refering to the two way units? a few years ago with the intro of the two way units, you will probally find that many manufacturers were having minor and major issues with the product. As with all first gen of any product you will have those "real life issues".
If your dealer is referring to their customer support as not being able to solve his specific issue. I am in the hi-tech industry and many times I am on hold, making multiple calls only to our staff solve the problem, both with new and existing products. I believe it to be normal for the corp tech support to be lacking in the "help solve my problem" department. When you talk the higher end of hi-tech you will always have issues, at the minimum maintenance and the cost of ownership will be more. The 12 volt industry has really taken a nose dive the last 8 years or so. With margins shrinking and OEM equipment getting better and better. The small mom and pop 12 volt shop is going by the wayside.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
customer support as in, this shit is broke, I need a new unit, or a refund. Done by a professional certified installer. Not the joe blow car owner trying to call up asking why he can't start his car from his office on the 5th floor next to the elevator.

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I just started to look because I want to get a couple of subs and amps. I rather have my alarm first then my system. I really dont want to go look at the alarms because they (meaning the stereo place) start to treat you like crap. "oh its that guy that has no money. I wont help him." So I'm thinking of not going there until i have the money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts