Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ,I have a 99 durango slt and want to disable the alarm system does any body know .It's a real pain in the @$$#$..Unfortunately theres a viper aftermarket in it also .I unlock the door ,alarm goes off ,Try to start it sometimes it just locks down and lights flash.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'd say just take to an alarm/audio shop if you're actually wanting to remove it. They will do it quickly and should be good price-wise. So you don't risk messing up something. If not, check in the vehicles owner manual for the factory alarm. I think you can download a manual for the viper one from their site.

If I am understanding this correctly, there are two alarms? Odd.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be I'm not sure, That was my thought maybe clashing .I 'm assuming that the person before me might have lost the fob and put a viper in I could be totally wrong, I don't know why either ,who knows Thanks for the advise though

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Which alarm do you want to disable? You did not say.

My understanding from a post I read is the aftermarket alarms can be wired so both alarms can be armed or the factory is off when the aftermarket is armed. Mine is the latter. If I have the factory on and I set the Clifford, the factory shuts off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to disable the whole thing since it's being a pain since I don't know which is the prob. perfer the factory disabled

·
Registered
91 Posts
My prestige is wired so the factory alarm is disabled. I know what you mean about starting the D and the alarm starts going. Somehow the aftermarket alarm has been set for too short a period between resets. Have the alarm guy you go to reset the time allowed and have him disable the factory alarm.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have both armed when the Viper is armed, both disarmed with the Viper disarmed.... works flawlessly if the installer knows what they are doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts