Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alarm bell on my 2002 Durango dings all the time!! It seems especially worse in humid weather. Something is up with my windshield wipers too. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
I would take it to the dodge dealership and ask them if there is a recall for the wiper motor. I know my 03 dak had a recall with the wiper motor. so maybe it will be under that. dont hurt to ask the stealership about recalls and might get a new part for free :biggthump

my old ranger did the same thing with the chime. never could find out what caused it. it would be on for about a week and then stop for about a month. are your dome lights on when the chime is going off? I would check your door ajar switches on your door sides. might not be making full contact. only thing I can think of. :huh:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm... mine did something like that but i was an idiot though. I rotated the dimmer switch to all the way up one morning to make the dash lights bright but didn't notice that the overhead lights where on. So I got home got out of the truck and turned the headlights off and pulled the key out and it still dinged... couldn't figure out what it was. Then I started the truck back up and noticed the over head lights were on so I rotated back down some, lights went off and so did the dinging. I felt mildly retarded. :rant:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts