Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 Durango 5.9L.

I just replaced my heatercore after pulling my dash out. after reinstalling my dash and taking time to make sure i had all wires plugged in before i bolted it back in. once this was all done and i started it up again. my airbag light came on.

so far iv'e double checked my wires, pulled neg cable off for 15min(it was off throughout whole dash removal) and still no luck.

has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea I gotta agree its a wire with the battery unhooked trace them out if I remember right all that air bag stuff has Yellow wires the computer is on hump under dash good luck.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the clockspring? ive been having troubles with the cruise also the past few weeks not turning on when i press the buttons. saw this in another post ona diff site while doin some homework on finding a fix.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i didn't, but i was curious as some post searching brought that up for airbag light and it was also related to troubles with the cruise.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
horns works. cruise is intermittent and works when it wants too. no probs before i did my heatercore swap. so im callin the dealership in the morn to get prices at least.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought a clock spring for a 2002 it was like 60 bucks I do have an account at local dodge dealership But I think your problem was self induced something you did while changeing heater core i wood find computer on hump make sure its plugged in good and trace them yellow wires out all with battery unhooked I wood not even worry about steering wheel air bag but concentrate on dash air bag. make sure you did not break wire off back of it. you are gonna get raped at dealship for any troubleshooting and parts. if everthing is hooked up buy a computer on ebay and throw that at it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll have to do that this weekend then. cant afford to take it down during the week, lol. ive pulled the fuses so the wife can drive it at least.

·
I know nothing
1,247 Posts
just to let you know, at least from my experience, if you unplug any of the airbag components with the battery still hooked up, then it throws a code in the airbag computer, and it has to be reset with a drbIII scan tool or with a nice snapon scanner. I couldnt figure mine out, so i just ignored it for a long time, and after i hadnt messed with the truck for a few months i put a new battery in it and the light went out and everything went back to normal. So if you do go to a dealer, ask them if they can reset the airbag system and see what they say

·
Registered
114 Posts
just to let you know, at least from my experience, if you unplug any of the airbag components with the battery still hooked up, then it throws a code in the airbag computer, and it has to be reset with a drbIII scan tool or with a nice snapon scanner. I couldnt figure mine out, so i just ignored it for a long time, and after i hadnt messed with the truck for a few months i put a new battery in it and the light went out and everything went back to normal. So if you do go to a dealer, ask them if they can reset the airbag system and see what they say
ok from my experience you ulplug any air bag componet with power on and your most likely gonna kill computer you can erase code as many times as you want but if computer is bad or it detects a fault the light will be on, its simple to erase light but it works just like CEL runs a test when first powered up no problems it go's out, a problem it stays on. again this is not majic if there was no problem before heater core was changed. the problem was self induced. you want to see if you can erase light take negitive cable off battery and hold against positive cable for a few seconds

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
ok from my experience you ulplug any air bag componet with power on and your most likely gonna kill computer you can erase code as many times as you want but if computer is bad or it detects a fault the light will be on, its simple to erase light but it works just like CEL runs a test when first powered up no problems it go's out, a problem it stays on. again this is not majic if there was no problem before heater core was changed. the problem was self induced. you want to see if you can erase light take negitive cable off battery and hold against positive cable for a few seconds
Never heard of crossing the two cables.......I have always just taken the cables off the battery and let it sit for a couple of minutes.........

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did you try to reset pcm :wave:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I do realize that but this is the internet and you can't always depend on the people reading these forums to be the sharpest tools in the shed...if somebody gets offended by me saying this than tough shit....however if you don't say disconnect both cables somebody WILL find a way to f it up and short out the system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I do realize that but this is the internet and you can't always depend on the people reading these forums to be the sharpest tools in the shed...if somebody gets offended by me saying this than tough shit....however if you don't say disconnect both cables somebody WILL find a way to f it up and short out the system.
look FRIEND I just wanted to clear up
the air you giveing false information and all. where Im from if you dont know what your talking about you keep your mouth shut and if this offends you, like you said tough shit

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
look FRIEND I just wanted to clear up
the air you giveing false information and all. where Im from if you dont know what your talking about you keep your mouth shut and if this offends you, like you said tough shit
someone shit in your wheaties today?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts