Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to lower my 03 2wd dakota clubcab but im married with a kid and a home taking most of my cash. i know springs are the cheaper way to go but the air bags would ride better and still be able to bring things home from homedepot.

my ? is..... what is the cheapest price you have seen airbags for the dakota?

or should i go air in the back and springs in front???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how low are you looking at putting your dak? if you are only looking for a 2"/3" drop, Adam has a group buy going for the Hotchkis TVS kit with the Bilstein shocks for I think $1100 in the group buy section on this forum. The ride stays pretty good and it makes our trucks handle like a porsche. Plus you still have decent payload ability. You aren't going to go out and pull a 35' travel trailer with them but you aren't gonna do that anyway... least I hope not with these trucks. Check into the Hotchkis before you get totally set on the bags.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx

thx ssrage i will

i see u have 360AirIntakez and a Flowmaster 50. hows the horses and gas milage on your truck now?

i love the sound of the flowmaster hush2. im looking into it now.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
SSRage said:
how low are you looking at putting your dak? if you are only looking for a 2"/3" drop, Adam has a group buy going for the Hotchkis TVS kit with the Bilstein shocks for I think $1100 in the group buy section on this forum. The ride stays pretty good and it makes our trucks handle like a porsche. Plus you still have decent payload ability. You aren't going to go out and pull a 35' travel trailer with them but you aren't gonna do that anyway... least I hope not with these trucks. Check into the Hotchkis before you get totally set on the bags.

Shawns right our trucks handle better than corvettes going through twisties! If your just looking for a drop kit the TVS is a bit expensive. The TVS wasn't made for a drop it was made for handling, the drop is just a plus.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
?

the handling is now what im looking for. i drive like a old man. but it never hurts.

as for the size of the drop. 3/5 would be great. 2/4 wwweeeellllll i could just go stock v6 set up for that VERY cheap. (dont want to tho).

iv seen a 2/4 and 3/5 on ebay (buy now) for 345/450. that sounds to cheap to me.

im just lost in what i want. :help:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 3/5 drop is the western chassis drop... it consist of springs and shackles. The ride sucks. My friend did it too his 03 Ram 4.7L and it was horrible. I talked him into getting the Hotchkis TVS and it made a world of difference. Handles good and ride is almost back to factory smooth.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
ChicagoDodge said:
the handling is now what im looking for. i drive like a old man. but it never hurts.

as for the size of the drop. 3/5 would be great. 2/4 wwweeeellllll i could just go stock v6 set up for that VERY cheap. (dont want to tho).

iv seen a 2/4 and 3/5 on ebay (buy now) for 345/450. that sounds to cheap to me.

im just lost in what i want. :help:

Hotchkis is the best thing out there for our trucks IMO.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ChicagoDodge said:
i see u have 360AirIntakez and a Flowmaster 50. hows the horses and gas milage on your truck now?
With all my mods I figure I've put roughly 10-15 horse to the rear wheels. I usually average about 15mpg around town but I also have to wait at a lot of stop lights. I get anywhere from 18-24mpg on highway depending on speed and wind. I didn't notice and mpg increase with the flow around town and haven't been able to take it out much on the highway yet. But I did notice about a 1mpg increase with the 360AirIntakez.

Hope this answered your questions. Sorry I took awhile to reply.

P.S. I love the sound of the 50... its nice and loud outside the truck without being overly dramatic and the inside noise is barely noticeable. Has a nice tone under acceleration but at cruising you can't hear it inside. Thats what I wanted cuz the 360 opened up the intake a bunch and got a lot of noise from that.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it didnt take THAT long to reply. now if my truck in flames and i need help. well yea , it took too long. :rolleyes:

thx again ssrage and adam

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
ChicagoDodge - If you're thinking about getting a 360 Intakez.... I'm running a group buy on them in the "group buy" section of this forum. The 360 intake is one of the cheapest and easiest things you can do to spruce up your engine bay, and will also give you some nice gains up top at the high end. You'll also gain a little in the gas milage area. Granted you'll feel more power with it,... so for the first week,...you'll always be in the throttle, so any gas increase you get will just not be there so to speak... hahahahaha But ya... it's 160 shipped to your door, and you can get it powdercoated any color you want for just 10 bucks.

Here's a link for it. http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1972

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts