Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok board, I have a couple of questions.
A friend of mines buddy, wrote off his dakota 2 weeks ago. A week before that he ordered this...

a Throttle Body Spacer for 3.9, from stylin concepts.
He's going to sell it to me cheap, half price, still in the box never opened.
I'm also looking at a new Air Intake from K&N, something the same as SinCity R/T, pics below...

Now for the questions...
1. will the throttle body spacer work with that air intake?
2. will an air intake like that work on my 3.9?
3. what would be the best hood to run with that air intake?

I'm thinking about getting a cowl induction hood, would that air intake be any good with it?

help me out guys/gals with some feedback
Thanks
:mullet:

· Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
716 Posts
If your Looking for performance dont go that rout, that throttle body spacer is garbage and a waist of money...no performance gains what so ever from one....And the intake is ok for show and it sucks in alot of air, but alot of Hot air, get a cold air intake that closes off from the engine compartment like a K&N FIPK or something like that, youll see better performance, and cowel hood are always a good thing too :biggthump ....... Hope this help ya out

· Registered
404 Posts
ur not gonna feel a thing from either of those purchases, the intake looks cool, thats about it, and there is prolley a reason he never put that spacer on his truck/

· Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys.
he never put the spacer on his truck because he never got the opportunity, some chick smoked him, slide into the ditch and hit a pole.
I think I'll look into a pearl blue 360 intake.
:biggthump
Thanks Again

· Registered
404 Posts
slvdak said:
Thanks for the info guys.
he never put the spacer on his truck because he never got the opportunity, some chick smoked him, slide into the ditch and hit a pole.
I think I'll look into a pearl blue 360 intake.
:biggthump
Thanks Again
them 360intakes are nice, i like em. but, i am not abeleaver that a CAI will give u ne real performance. its a start im sure, but i wouldnt expect nething measurable speaking 1/4 times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.