Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a special bolt size other than the 5/16 bolt for the air intake, the threaded hole is too small for a 5/16 and its just one bolt hole on each head all other holes fit the 5/16 bolt

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport 4.7L V8
127 Posts

Here’s the new rims and tires. I needed a few front end parts from outta town so it will be ready tomorrow at noon. I didn’t hear of anything not sizing up right by my guys so I’ll let you know when I get it back!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone heard of a special bolt size other than the 5/16 bolt for the air intake, the threaded hole is too small for a 5/16 and its just one bolt hole on each head all other holes fit the 5/16 bolt
That is most likely metric, quite a bit if not all of the Dakotas and Durango's were metric.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 4.7 is metric, so if you are trying to put a 5/16 in there that will not work. 8mm and 5/16 are very close size wise but the thread pitch is nowhere near close. If it looks like a 5/16 it most likely is 8-1.25 metric, the next size under that would be 6-1.0 which is a little smaller then 1/4".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts