Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an Air Force One intake intalled. Had a bad experience with a 360AirIntakez. Leaning towards the K&N.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
what went wrong with the 360? I'm supposed to buy one off a member on here when ever my darn tac returns gets here:dammit:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam

There were a few things that I didnt like about the 360. First it took about 3 1/2 weeks to arrive. When I finally got it the quality was not what I expected. The powdercoat on the on the intake was not good at all, it had an orange peel texture in various areas. When I went to install, the directions that were sent to me were for a Ram not a Dakota, still a 4.7 though. Looked through various posts and went to intstall without the instructions. The intake tube is larger than the throttle body so when I went to attach the coupling to the TB it was not a good fit. Wasnt able to situate the intake so that I could get everything connected. Also had a difficult time getting the intake around the A/C lines and still get the hood closed. I had the heat shield included and there was no way that it was going to fit along with the filter. Overall it was a poor fit. Hope this helps. Looking at a few others, leaning towards the K&N FIPK, however I would like to have something with an aluminum tube instead of the composite.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam

Forgot to mention that I was trying to install on a 03 Dakota 4.7. I believe that the 360 Intake for older models is a good buy.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ekdane said:
Adam

Forgot to mention that I was trying to install on a 03 Dakota 4.7. I believe that the 360 Intake for older models is a good buy.
I didn't have any trouble with my intake from 360. But mines also an '02 4.7L. For some reason everybody seems to have trouble with the '03's. I am wondering if dodge changed something under the hood. I called Joe on a Friday and had mine in by the following tuesday. Mine didn't come with the heat shield though... this was before he started offering them. Overall I've been real pleased with mine.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
03 was when they changed the intake manifold. The 03 intake manifold, and the 03 H.O. intake manifold are the same. altho the 02 H.O. and the 03 H.O. Intake manifolds are different.

As far as the throttle body being larger... I'm not sure on that... I haven't looked into it. That might be true though. I know they changed the air hat on the 03's, because in they placed the air senso in the air hat, instead of being placed wherever it is for you 02 and older 4.7L's

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts