Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some info on what the best air bag kit is out there and some web sites to get them. I have a 04 QC Dakota.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AirRide Technology, VIAIR, Firestone, MIC, just a few. AirRide has good setups, check them out first.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air Ride Tech has the remotes with them right?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is correct. You can get just about any setup now with the remotes. How much are you wanting to spend? And how low do you want to go?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL the wife wants it to stay near factory ride hieght but I heard they can drop it up to 8in.? If thats so then it shouls almost be on the frame right?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell, you can lay frame. But really, you can adjust the bags to ride at a good ride height. They are very adjustable, in that you can set it to ride lower than right height and it will not be rough. It really depends on how much you want to spend though. Good Luck with your mods.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just wanna know one thing here....if ya all can answer it for me...

got a 2004 dakota slt...2WD...

got 255/50 R 20 tires...and of course 20 inch wheels.

how low can i drop without cutting my wheel wells for turning and/or clearance??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depending on what your back spacing is? 255x20's that is a tall tire. For the front you can tuck about 1/4 of the tire. In the back it will tuck about the same. And that is taking out the bump stops. If you want to go really low you have to cut the wheel wells in the front out. and the back you will have to notch the frame and raise the wheel wells. I did start on that and it got jacked up. Let someone else do the work. I am now doing all the work myself. Live and learn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm just now reading up on how bags work and what I'll need for my truck. First is there a good site where I can read up on bags info?

Second how much am I looking to spend on a complete kit? Just curious now so I can start saving for it. Also I'm looking for a remote switch where I can set the alarm and the truck drops as low as possible. I want to lay frame if possible. Then when I unlock the truck it raises to a height which I can drive.

Any info/help would be great guys.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the AirRide Technologies kit of the front of my truck. Its a decent kit, but it requires you to cut a significant amount of metal out of the frame, where the coils go, for clearance for the bags. If you cut the fender wells out and make a little knotch for the control arms your truck will lay on the crossmember with this kit.

In the rear of new gen dakota's you have to narrow the rear end to lay it down low. I have 245/45/17's on R/T wheels with a 7" drop and the rear tires are CONSTANTLY rubbing on the lips. Unless you get pretty crazy offset, if you want to go really low I would deffinately reccomend narrowing the rear end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts