Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I killed a '00 Civic Si. Literally. Was sittig at a stop light and this high school kid in a buzzed / riced out civic pulled up next to me and yelled out the window "wanna race?" Said sure I needed a good laugh. Light turned green hit the gas lit the tires up pretty good and off I went the civic right along side. Looked over the kids grinnin from ear to ear. Look back straight then all of a sudden hear this loud crack and a boom. Look to the side the civic ain't there. Look behind me the civic has smoke comin out from under his hood and the car is swerving. I lock my brakes up and swing back around to where the car had came to a stop. The kids freakin out bad. I look under the front and oil is just runnin out on the ground and the motor ain't runnin. I get the kid to pop the hood and there is a huge crack in his block and some scorched wires and lines. His block had let go or just detonated horribly. He was runnin a turbo too. I got the kid to put the car in neutral and we pushed it into a parking lot out off the street. Felt sorry for the kid so I gave him a ride to the gas station down the street. Last I saw of him he was about to cry and was calling his dad.

That race gave a whole new meaning to a kill. :explode: I guess that means I won. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I wouldn't want to be left stranded. I had somebody do me a favor once after I tore my old truck up during a street race. I had this old '67 ford that was running about 400 horse and 500 ft/lb under the hood. Had 4.10 posi Ford 9" rear under the back. Went too race this '67 Vette with a 427 in it. Took off when the light changed and hear and felt this loud boom and the passenger side rear end of the truck dropped straight down and the motor died. Vette took off of course. I hoped out of my truck and ran around back looked underneath and my rear end had broke in half next to the pumpkin. Truck wasn't going anywhere. The guy in the Vette saw me and came back. He helped me push it off the road and then took me about a mile down to a gas station so I could call a wrecker. Said a lot about that guy for him to come back for me and I've never forgotten it. One good turn deserves another in my book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Adam said:
:slap: what were you thinking Shawn? :D
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Thats awesome man. I didn't know that killing a civic was so easy. The kid sounds like he learned his lesson with screwing with us dakotas! hahaha
Thats all I've ever owned until this truck. Better than a cheby though.

The civic probably woulda had me after seein what was under his hood. It was setup right. (except for the weak block) Wasn't typical rice. Somebody had sunk some money into it. Mighta been a better race if I had the 3.92 lsd instead of this 3.55 one legged wonder. I can't get traction for crap. Punch it and it does a magnificent one tire burn out while the other just sits there.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
busted his @$$ then helped him. that's what I'm talking about :toast:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
SSRage said:
The civic probably woulda had me after seein what was under his hood. It was setup right. (except for the weak block) Wasn't typical rice. Somebody had sunk some money into it. Mighta been a better race if I had the 3.92 lsd instead of this 3.55 one legged wonder. I can't get traction for crap. Punch it and it does a magnificent one tire burn out while the other just sits there.
I didn't you that you didn't have LSD. That is supposed to be an easy install. Now the gears are another issue. I'd say don't worry about the gears quite yet.... but DO go for that LSD... It's a saint!

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
I didn't you that you didn't have LSD. That is supposed to be an easy install. Now the gears are another issue. I'd say don't worry about the gears quite yet.... but DO go for that LSD... It's a saint!

Paul
Nope no LSD yet. If I could find it somewhere I would buy it but nobody's been able to tell me where to get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds alot like the civic si my buddy owns looks stock on the outside but he has a turbo and everthing on the inside and is running low 12's under 8 psi of boost, he hasnt turned it up higher for the reason of blowing up his block hes getting a new one soon... nice man to go back and help him i would home someone would do the same for me.

·
Super Modder
981 Posts
hey man that was kool of you to help him out...to be honest i dont know if i wouldve stopped and helped...but i probablly will now...kool story...anyway i got my lsd from a friend in the mainland...he was a super nice guy. he actually had several rebuilt ones...this was kinda long ago. ill email him and see if he has anymore. let you guys know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kaui56 said:
hey man that was kool of you to help him out...to be honest i dont know if i wouldve stopped and helped...but i probablly will now...kool story...anyway i got my lsd from a friend in the mainland...he was a super nice guy. he actually had several rebuilt ones...this was kinda long ago. ill email him and see if he has anymore. let you guys know.
Cool, thanks! :D

·
Super Modder
981 Posts
Adam said:
you need the R/T on your hood first not some LSD! Stickers make it fast not the parts.

Why do you think all them stickers are on race cars like in NASCAR. The ricers know this little secret
:jester: ROFL. thats why im sooooo slooowwww. i took all mine off.
*note to self- must reorder decals first thing in the morning.

hey, does it have to be nice decals or could i use my sons scratch and sniff stickers that he gets from the doctors office?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice kill man. i would feel kinda dumb having to get a ride form the guy i was jsut racin and lost to. but id take it lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Adam said:
you need the R/T on your hood first not some LSD! Stickers make it fast not the parts.

Why do you think all them stickers are on race cars like in NASCAR. The ricers know this little secret
Thats hilarious! :jester:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adam said:

by the way this is a running joke from another thread

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.