Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
670 Posts
That is absolutely the ugliest wiring harness butcher job I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.

·
I drive with two feet
1,140 Posts
I hate when people cut off the factory connector.
Me too. I had to spend a lot of money restoring the factory wiring in my (used) Challenger. Some bozo cut up the wiring harness to the stereo and amplifier to install a Kenwood unit. (Very poorly, I might add.) I have no good words for the person who did this.

There are plenty of conversion harnesses available (and cheap) so there is no excuse to butcher the factory wiring. For anything!

Reactions: Davejb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me too. I had to spend a lot of money restoring the factory wiring in my (used) Challenger. Some bozo cut up the wiring harness to the stereo and amplifier to install a Kenwood unit. (Very poorly, I might add.) I have no good words for the person who did this.

There are plenty of conversion harnesses available (and cheap) so there is no excuse to butcher the factory wiring. For anything!
There is a special place in hell for those people. My 11 Dakota I just bought still has the featureless OEM radio in it thankfully. can't decide what to replace it with. A double din needs some metal chopped out to fit, been looking at one of those Boss single dins with the floating screen but some say that the column shift may touch the screen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is absolutely the ugliest wiring harness butcher job I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.
Ya its bad. Could use some help. None of the wiring matches anything i can find online for color coordinating matching the wires together.

ya its not even the factor wiring somebody else wired what looks like the wires that go to the door speakers go to the A/C unit from what I can tell. I got nothing but striped wires coming out of the dash to connect to cd player harness. I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya its bad. Could use some help. None of the wiring matches anything i can find online for color coordinating matching the wires together.

ya its not even the factor wiring somebody else wired what looks like the wires that go to the door speakers go to the A/C unit from what I can tell. I got nothing but striped wires coming out of the dash to connect to cd player harness. I have no idea what to do.
I also cant find a wiring harness that matches the wires coming from the vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I cant find the harness that has the same color wires that r in the car

·
Registered
38 Posts
A quick Google search came up with these guys:

I've run across their site before for other cars. They seem to be a good resource.

Please do this right, and safe. Solder and shrink wrap is best. But if you can't do that in the dash, use crimp connectors and a decent crimp tool (like Kline). Twisted wires and electrical tape is a failure waiting to happen. And a possible fire hazard too.

Good luck and enjoy your new stereo!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I cant find the harness that has the same color wires that r in the car
Aftermarket harnesses have standardized colors. You can Google it. They will match your aftermarket stereo harness, but they will never match the factory wires. Every manufacturer has their own color schemes. The aftermarket harness is meant to plug into the factory plug, then solder or crimp onto your stereo's harness. But it won't match the factory colors.

If you Google the standardized colors, then at least you'll know which ones to connect to when you figure out what the factory colors go to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts