Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aftermarket lowering leaf springs/Hotchkis lowering kit

I finally got the Belltech lowering coils, leafs and active shocks a couple days ago. I know! I know! Hotchkis is the way to go. Maybe some day if I'm not satisfied with these. Anyway, I haven't installed any of these components yet but I did noticed that the leafs are not arched identically. One seems about an inch higher than the other. Shouldn't they both be arched identically in height or is that normal? I spoke with Sport Truck Direct in Phoenix where I had purchased them from and one sales/tech guy said that the leaf that is arched higher compensates for the side of the vehicle where the gas tank is located. Is there any truth to this? I'm just concerned that once I do install the leafs, one side is going to sit higher than the other and it's gonna BUG the heck out of me. And if that's the case, I'm gonna have to go thru the trouble of removing them and sending them back. Should I be concerned? Send them back? What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated. Thank.:help:

Joshua

Check below for Hotchkis Durango lowering component queries.

S

·
0 Posts
Ummm... WTF?!?! Never heard that excuse before! When I swapped out my stock springs for a set of R/T springs the R/T's were identical on both sides. Matter of fact, so was the stock SLT springs. Dodge balances all of that out anyway. Thats why the motor is more offset to one side, to make up for the additional weight of the driver and the gas tank.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Hotchkis phasing out the 1 7/16" and 7/8" swaybars?

Last night I looked at them again and it's not as bad as I first realized. One side is in fact 1/4" different in height than the other, not 1" that I first thought. I can live with that. Just only concerned if that 1/4" will be noticeable once I install the leafs.

Also, I was checking out Hotchkis' website and they carry no leafs for the Durango nor do they carry the rear shocks. However, looking at Belltech's truck/SUV application list, the Durangos and Dakotas share the same front and rear shocks. Wouldn't it make sense that Hotchkis sell the same rear shocks for both these 2 trucks? That's the reason why I opted for Belltech components because Hotchkis no longer sold the rear shocks and the rear leafs that Hotchkis did have available at the time lowers the rear 3" which is way too low for the wheel set up I currently have. Why they discontinued these 2 components, I have no idea. Now for Durango folks who currently have Hotchkis rear shocks/leafs, how can these be replaced if the manufacturer no longer makes them? Will Hotchkis also slowly phase out their 1 7/16" front swaybars as well as their 7/8" rear swaybars to be replaced by their 1.5" and 15/16" swaybars?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts