Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DOC Members,

I have a Kenwood HU installed a few months ago, and all was working fine until now.
Normally, I listen to the HU when I'm either driving or if the key is in the ACC position if I'm parked ( half the time I just turn the truck off, and not the power on the HU ). Today, I went to turn the HU on, but no power ( only the CD motor works as it still kicks the CD in or out ).

I first checked under the hood to see if the 4guage Wire might have been disconnected from the battery, but that's fine.
Could it be a fuse problem or similar ( Dash lights and all work fine, only the HU lost power ), maybe the Amp stopped working ( but figure the HU would still turn on ), or maybe the HU is bad and stopped working ?...What else should I check for.

Thanx, Joe

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Pull the head unit out and see if there is a fuse on the back of the head unit. You said it will "suck in" or spit out a CD so it has power. Maybe the wire for your acc/run to the head unit is bad.

Do you still have your stock head unit? Could put that back on to check the wiring in the dash. That would narrow it down to either the adapter harness or the Kenwood HU.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Pull the head unit out and see if there is a fuse on the back of the head unit. You said it will "suck in" or spit out a CD so it has power. Maybe the wire for your acc/run to the head unit is bad.

Do you still have your stock head unit? Could put that back on to check the wiring in the dash. That would narrow it down to either the adapter harness or the Kenwood HU.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey HuskerRT,

Thanx for the Info...Ok, it simply turns out that I didn't put the faceplate back on properly ( faceplate didn't have the correct connecton to the main body ). Now, all is good again.

Thanx, Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts