Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my clear headlights and corners delivered yesterday. They look really clean and sharp, very nice. The only problem I have with them is the fitment of the corners to headlights. The gap between the headlights and corners is not even, they tilt to the inside giving it a slanted look. Has anybody else had this problem?

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stuck it in the wrong sub forum again :slap: I need to have my glasses checked. I will PM a mod to move it.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Didn't have that problem when I had my set. Make sure you have the alignment tabs on the corners in the right spots on the headlights.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't have that problem when I had my set. Make sure you have the alignment tabs on the corners in the right spots on the headlights.
They only slide in one way dont they? Everything appears to be correct. The corners were a PITA to attach to the headlights, I felt like the little tabs on the corners were going to snap off.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
They only slide in one way dont they? Everything appears to be correct. The corners were a PITA to attach to the headlights, I felt like the little tabs on the corners were going to snap off.
It almost looks like the outside set of tabs may not be in the slots on the headlight giving it the angle. Of course the inside edge sseems really close to the headlight too.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It almost looks like the outside set of tabs may not be in the slots on the headlight giving it the angle. Of course the inside edge sseems really close to the headlight too.
They are in the slots. I just tried it a hundred different times and the same results. Both lights are like this, it must be a manufacturing defect im guessing. It really doesn't look that bad in person, at least it will be symmetrical on both sides of the truck... :jester:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Many have had fitment issues with the 1-piece aftermarket headlights because they're cheaply made, with an expensive price tag.

If they don't fit right, send them back now and try another set. If it's the same, stay away from them.

Just my advice. (Used to have the smoked 1 pieces with HID's, but finally got rid of them because of the BS fit)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts