Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the holley fuel pump 12-922 for the dakotas...will this fit my '99 Durango...i dont see a pump for the durango...i have 113,000 miles and not sure if it has been replaced yet and didnt want to get stock since i am adding performance mods...also are the ford 24lb injectors good or are there better ones? any help greatly appreciated

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
steeda2h said:
I see the holley fuel pump 12-922 for the dakotas...will this fit my '99 Durango...i dont see a pump for the durango...i have 113,000 miles and not sure if it has been replaced yet and didnt want to get stock since i am adding performance mods...also are the ford 24lb injectors good or are there better ones? any help greatly appreciated
Don't know squat about the fuel pumps. If it's JUST the pump itself, I highly doubt there is any difference between Dakota/Durango.

The FMS 24LbHr injectors are GREAT! They sure add ALOT of fuel though. Unless you'r running boost or a 408, I'd look for somthing a tad smaller me thinks. I had 24 Lb/Hr injectors in my 95 and it was ALWAYS rich... =(

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Seems to me that you are starting at the end of your modifications instead of the beginning.

· Registered
462 Posts
Size is not always the way to go. A stock Dodge 21 pound injector may on average only be delivering 19 to 20 pounds. A more precise injector will come much closer to the rated pounds per hour. As with the Ford injector or a Marren injector.

Injectors rated for 21 pounds are good for about 320 horses. If you must change out the injectors I would not go over 22 pounds and would purchase the Ford. As for the fuel pump check the pressure before going off and spending the money and dropping the tank.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i forgot to mention my mods so far...msd ignition and coil, cold air intake and spacer (came with kit), flowmaster catback, superchip programmer, with my next mods being headers and fastman tb...

thats why i am wondering about the fuel pump and injectors...just want to make sure i feed it enuff lol...

also i read that my year had the 19lb injectors that put out like 16lb...

· Registered
1,087 Posts
I would put a lot more work into my ability to inhale (TB and intake) before I worried about exhaling (headers.) My truck can easily exceed 140mph and it has even dawned on me to go with 24 lb. injectors. I've considered a set of 19 lb. FMS injectors just because I believe they have a better spray patter and thus possibly more efficient.

The last thing I did was to add headers and that seemed to be a bit disappointing. If I had the whole thing to do all over again I would have put in full length headers.

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
N56629 said:
The last thing I did was to add headers and that seemed to be a bit disappointing. If I had the whole thing to do all over again I would have put in full length headers.
I would have to agree with this statement. I've heard decent results with normal "shorty" style headers, but to get any really kickass gains, you need Longtubes... Sucks for us Pre 97 guys cause NO ONE MAKES EM (that I know of...? Anyone feel free to chime in here... P L E A S E )

Most of the restriction in your motor in on the "inlet" side. I'd get an intake and a TB long before headers. I'm actually concidering NOT gettin headers on this truck, but I might get my manifolds ceramic coated, for heat transfer and looks purposes

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool...ty for the info...i will definately look for the intake and tb...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.