Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was looking online for a bumper for my 2002 dakota and cam across these guys. Pricing actually isnt to bad im waiting to hear back from Hanson but hey let me know what you guys think of the bumper, just click the dodge link on the website and its like the first truck that pops up.

http://www.aedofab.com/

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Our fabrication shop is in a holding pattern right now while we help liquidate our family's tool business. This means no large fab jobs (custom bumpers, sliders, etc.) for now, but we are still making swaybar disconnects, battery trays, etc.

Thats a quote from there website.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Alright just found another website this one doesnt look like its out of business lol Im posting back becuase i know alot of you dakota guys out there who wheel there rigs no how whimpy our stock bumpers are.

http://winchready.com/1997-2004_Dodge_Dakota.html

These guys look pretty geniune anybody buy from there ?
Now that one I like, the first one looks too big for the front of the truck imo. But really I don't like any of these style bumpers anyway for that reason, I would much rather see a good looking tube bumper or prerunner style bumper made with a good aluminum skid plate coming down off of it to the crossmember. I hope to have something like that for the front of my 2wd at some point, not sure what I'm gonna do to my 4x4 if I ever get it back on the road.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Alright just found another website this one doesnt look like its out of business lol Im posting back becuase i know alot of you dakota guys out there who wheel there rigs no how whimpy our stock bumpers are.

http://winchready.com/1997-2004_Dodge_Dakota.html

These guys look pretty geniune anybody buy from there ?
Just got off the phone with this company. They used to build for Road Armor so this is a Road Armor design. No stock right now but could build in a week and the price is $995. That is for a basic unpainted bumper.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya Winchready def. isnt cheap and they said the Fleet guard is 1325.00 Bare metal also ready for powder coat or paint. Which pretty much gives you the added grill and light protectors if you want power coat add $250. Shipping to a commercial location up by me was quoted about $325 which isnt to bad but brought the total cost to around $2000 lol

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
i came across these awhile ago.......

http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiDak9704.html
Honestly that imo is one of the best looking setups avail for the Daks and Durs, but I've heard some bad things about the company. I've heard good too, but enough bad to make me extremely hesitant to spend that much money with them. The Hanson bumper is the best looking one imo.

·
Registered
242 Posts
spoke with kyle down at kenneshaw, seems like a straight shooter. i had plans on buying bumper for both ends. what have you heard bad?

·
Registered
242 Posts
see some bad threads about him on the internet, too bad maybe i will have to keep shopping around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya i spoke with Kyle a few days ago to, they def. have my favorite setup for the dakota/durango. I prefer to have there bumper over anyone else just based on cost and value you get. He did seem pretty straight forward told me the production just ended for the bumper for my truck and i should hit him up in a couple weeks. Which will give me time to think if i want to by from him lol

·
Let it SNOW!
4,152 Posts
i came across these awhile ago.......

http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiDak9704.html
Honestly that imo is one of the best looking setups avail for the Daks and Durs, but I've heard some bad things about the company. I've heard good too, but enough bad to make me extremely hesitant to spend that much money with them. The Hanson bumper is the best looking one imo.
spoke with kyle down at kenneshaw, seems like a straight shooter. i had plans on buying bumper for both ends. what have you heard bad?
see some bad threads about him on the internet, too bad maybe i will have to keep shopping around.
Ya i spoke with Kyle a few days ago to, they def. have my favorite setup for the dakota/durango. I prefer to have there bumper over anyone else just based on cost and value you get. He did seem pretty straight forward told me the production just ended for the bumper for my truck and i should hit him up in a couple weeks. Which will give me time to think if i want to by from him lol
I was excited about how good their bumpers look, and the price that they charge, so I ordered my bumper from them. I ordered a REAR bumper (much smaller and simpler of a design) and even paid in full. He said 1-2 weeks until I received it. After 3 months, I finally had to file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back. Every fucking time I called to check the status of my order, he lied to me and told me it was shipping out tomorrow or some garbage excuse. He even blamed me for calling once every two weeks and said "I'd get this done faster if customers like you would stop bothering me."

I fucking hate this guy Kyle, he is not a straight shooter. He never hesitated to talk down to me, insult me, lie to me, or even hang up on me (when he had my money and I didn't have my bumper). I would recommend you tp pursue other means of getting a bumper.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts