Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good / easy to install, add on Transmission cooler?

I have the additional tranny cooler that came stock with the "Heavy Duty Service Group" package, but I want to get that upgraded.

Basically, i am trying to price out upgrades to make the truck tow better, and compare that to buying a GM SUV like Tahoe or Suburban (used).

Any suggestions would help, I have no idea where to look and what ones are good and what aren't.

Thanks in advance!

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
afsigma21 said:
Can anyone recommend a good / easy to install, add on Transmission cooler?

I have the additional tranny cooler that came stock with the "Heavy Duty Service Group" package, but I want to get that upgraded.

Basically, i am trying to price out upgrades to make the truck tow better, and compare that to buying a GM SUV like Tahoe or Suburban (used).

Any suggestions would help, I have no idea where to look and what ones are good and what aren't.

Thanks in advance!
if your gonna go with the extra tranny cooler, look and see where ya would put it. summit and jegs have a few under $100 and can handle up to 50,000gvw. be advised that you dont want to be to cool in your tranny, that can be a bad thing. be a good idea to get a tranny temp gauge as well if ya go that route.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
ive always used B&M coolers. their design cools best. its nto a tube with fin design. its more liek a radiator design. I had one on all my trucks. As for cooling a tranny my buddy who is a tranny guy always told me the cooler the better.
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts