Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added steering wheel controls to their Dodge not originally equiped with it? I just upgraded to the indash 6 disc changer and I would like to add a steering wheel with the controls, but I do not know if this is possible, or how difficult this would be, anyone try this?

BTW I have a '02 Dakota Quad cab SLT with newly added RBQ 6 disc changer, non Infinity set up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I looked into this myself.

After the dealer said $300 for one harness and $300 for another harness and $200 for the... I stopped listening.

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
What if you already have steering wheel controls with an Alpine headunit? Do I just need a new wiring harness or does the headunit have to support steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you already have the controls mounted from the factory you can get an adapter box that will work with several after-market head units (among them Alpine) I think the company is call USA-Spec or something like that. The cost is about $100.00.

Check Crutchfield.

Good Luck, Neil

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
The only adapters that I can find require that your headunit have wireless infrared remote capability.

Mine doesn't :cussing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts