Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to add a lock to the Dakota tailgate? I installed a locking flush tonneau, but the tailgate can simply open, negating any sucurity offered by the cover.

I called a Dodge dealer and he said that Dodge does not make a lock for this tailgate and that many people call with the same question.

Is there an aftermarket solution?

S

·
0 Posts
Summit sells them..One standard and one power..I am going to buy one from the local aftermarket places here in town for about the same price..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up buying a PE PowerGate solenoid from www.customdodgetruck.com

It was priced lower than a local truck accessories place (that would have had to order it anyway, and was about a 1/2 hour away). I usually like supporting local businesses but these guys are way overpriced on everything they sell.

I have power door locks already and wanted something with a clean install. I haven't had a chance to install it yet.

S

·
0 Posts
Will that PE work on your 03 since the ad says it only goes to 02?..I would like the power lock myself but have spray in bedliner over the tailgate..Let us know how the install goes and how it well it works..Good luck..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tailgate should be the same, but I will report back after I have a chance to put it in (hopefully this coming week).

The package is marked "97 - C" (assuming C means "current"), so it should be fine.

The product looks good and the instructions seem clear -- so far, so good.

-don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts