Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99 Dakota c/c, is there an additional grommet or access hole in the firewall to pass wires/cables from the engine bay to the inside of the cab? I've used up the one by the brake booster. Theres no more room to pass heavy cable for a 12 volt distribution block inside the cab.

Your thoughts, comments, bashings, suggestions, flames, opinions are encouraged. Thanks in advance.

·
Texas
207 Posts
one thought that comes to mind ... if your running the wire for an amp? is why not have it go under body a ways and remove the (plastic?) on the inside and drill a whole for the cable to go through. so you dont have to worry about the fire wall. just a thought....

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
might have to drill a hole and make a grommet. there are water drain holes in the cab, rear pass area.

·
Registered
277 Posts
you should be able to do it with out drilling... at least on my '01 4.7, i was able to poke a hole in the existing grommet on the drivers side (where all of the wires go through the firewall into the back of the dash from the batty/fuse box) and slide in my 0/1 ga. wire as well as wires for the alarm. i would just check that out before you bust out the drill, not that you cant drill, but you just wouldnt have to worry about another grommet or sealing the paint or anything, not to mention it only takes about 6 seconds to poke the hole and route the wire through down under the carpet to wherever. good luck. what are you wiring if you dont mind me askin? :biggthump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts