Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I need your help in figuring out an issue I am facing. Not much is blowing out of the AC vents. Most air seem to be blowing onto the floorboards. I can hear the air making a rushing sound in the dash. I know that the mode selector is vacuum based. Could I have a vacuum leak somewhere that is keeping the selector from working correctly? Or is this a blend door issue? Or something else? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Is it blowing normally, but only at the floorboards or is the fan not blowing normally, ie weak airflow? Yes, it does use vacuum. Check out the 3rd pic in the attached thread. The box which is located in the passenger side behind the glove box will have a small vacuum line attached. Mine was disconnected and i was having issues with directional flow, but i also lost the blower motor and had to replace it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I don’t think it is a blower issue. If I have the control knob to the far right for defrost, I have good volume of air coming out. The other positions, practically no air comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts