Dakota Durango Forum banner

AC fan not turning off!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fbama73 
#1 ·
It started yesterday. I shut of the truck and the electric cooling fan is still running. I finally got it to stop by cycling the ignition switch many times. It started immediately after clipping the TMR wire, but continues to happen even if I reconnect it. Any ideas?

#4 ·
Well, I found the problem. I have a burnt fan relay. I also blew the fan fuse just now. Parts places don't seem to have them, so I have to go to the dealer tomorrow for a relay.

If the relay was going bad and sometimes shorting out, that would explain the odd fan activity.

Is that correct that the e-fan will kick on to keep coolant temps down? Why would they bother with a clutch fan at all? Why are people installing thermo fan switches when removing the clutch fan? I am curious, because I am getting ready to install a switch for the fan myself.

#5 ·
On my 2000 the e fan when crazy on the morning i went to trade it in for my R/T. I had to drive up from va to n.j. and about half way i stopped to get some lunch and well the e fan wouldnt shut off. It was december and pretty darn cold out so engine temp wasnt the problem. I couldnt figure it out so i just told the guys at the dealership that its supposed to do that cause the engine is warm from the drive. :biggthump

Thomas C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.