Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new AC compressor thinking the old one was bad but the new one still will not kick on. I tried filling the Freon, switching, and jumping the relay to no avail. Only thing that has got it going was connecting the compressor directly to the battery. This is the last big problem on the Durango I bought recently and fixed up. It is a 2003 5.9 SLT by the way.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
How's the fuse - should be "B" in the PDC under the hood? There should always be +12v at pin 30 of the relay.

How's the ground? It should be at the top rear of valve cover, right front of engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How's the fuse - should be "B" in the PDC under the hood? There should always be +12v at pin 30 of the relay.

How's the ground? It should be at the top rear of valve cover, right front of engine.
Ok so I’m not sure which fuse is B, mine doesn’t have a single fuse labeled B, unless I’m missing something. I attached pictures. I brushed the ground and bracket with a wire brush just to be safe still nothing there. I’m going to get a volt meter from my grandpa today to check the current.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The red 10 amp fuse next to the "rear wiper" relay on the cover OR almost dead center in your other pic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so a little update, I’m not getting anything at all at the 30 pin socket, AC on or off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did you vacuum the system?

You may have an issue with pressure, too low or too high. Or your high/low pressure switches are faulty. The A/C compressor relay will not have power if there is a problem with what I said in the previous sentence.
If you do not have a proper A/C manifold gauges and a scale to measure refrigerant, I suggest you take it to a professional.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you vacuum the system?

You may have an issue with pressure, too low or too high. Or your high/low pressure switches are faulty. The A/C compressor relay will not have power if there is a problem with what I said in the previous sentence.
If you do not have a proper A/C manifold gauges and a scale to measure refrigerant, I suggest you take it to a professional.
My model just has the one transducer at the high side. Is there any way to bypass it just to see if that is the case?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts