Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm not sure if this is normal or not. my blower is working fine at all different speeds. but compared to my other vehicles, it just doesn't seem to be blowing out as strong as others. on high, the blower is loud and you can hear the difference in speed, but i just feel like the volume of air isn't as much as compared to my other vehicles. is that normal? is there something else i can check?

if it's normal, then i guess i just have to deal with it. but if not, i'd like to try to see if there is something that can be done.

fyi, i am using this on recirculation w/ ac on. but it doesn't seem to make a difference on other settings. it's a 2004 quad cab.

thanks for any input/advice anyone can give.

·
I hate you people.
2,828 Posts
Ok, so I can help with you with this a little bit but you are right somewhat.
Search on here for "A/C airlfow problems" and one of the threads should show up with a picture of the HVAC ducts in these trucks. You will see what I am talking about and your suspicions.
Now, in terms of the blower, how loud are you saying it is? Is it loud with the radio on or off? Depending on how loud it is, it could be a sign that the motor is worn out, but you would also have issues with blower motor fuse and resistor failing constantly. If the motor is loud no matter what, then look into a replacement and be sure it is not a core return, as I suspect that some of these aftermarket motors are core returns barely rebuilt and the typical Chinese cheap crap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome primus. thank you very much. i will search for the old threads.

in reference to the "loudness" of the motor. i mean it's not super loud. i can hear the radio, but when talking to a passenger, i definitely have to speak up. i also noticed that i had a brake squeal that i did not hear with my windows up and the blower motor on the high setting.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The blower is pretty ineffective compared to every other vehicle I own. I wish there was an upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts