Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! This is driving me NUTS!!

1999 Durango 5.2 automatic 2wd
ABS and Brake lights come and go outta the blue.

Have changed (only) the speed sensor at the differential once - same goofy results.

Have changed both the speed sensor at the diferential AND at the transmission at the same time - same goofy results.

Any ideas (other than strips of black tape)?????

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Does your brake pedal feel any different. Cause if you some how got air in your system it will come on. I know when I did my performance brake up grade. My brake light came on and so did my ABS. I thought I had blead the brakes but I guess I didn't do it enough. After bleeding them again it went out. It was all do to the fact that I had air in the system. Also if you did bleed it already make sure you blead them right cause abs is different from standard brakes. One more thing I think there might have been a recall on that to so you might want to check that. One last thing ( I promise) Go to a Auto Zone if you have one in your area they will run a free dainotics (how ever you spell it) on it. But the only time they can do it is when the brake light or the ABS light is on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
243 Posts
idiot lights

Sometimes those lights are great, sometimes they aren't. Mine recently did that also. Does you cruise control work? I had to have a speed sensor changed and the ABS unit changed (warrenty - thank god) to take car of my lights. If the cruise desn't work, that might be the route you need to take.

Later,

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the responses.

Triggerweed - Have not noticed any difference in pedal "feel". Brake system has never been opened. Car was hit hard on left front early on and required new upper "A" arm, but was replaced without having to disconnect caliper. I'll look around and see if I can find anything on a recall.

D-Draggin - cruise works fine. Hope its not the ABS unit cause I'm WAY outta warranty.

Down da road........

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I would check to see if it's a recall or a TBS but I thick it's a recall. Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I used to have a sunfire ( stop laughing! ). My abs/break light came on because my altenator was going bad? Don't know why, but it just did. Anyhow just a suggestion.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
triggerweed - I looked on alldata and don't see any TSB's or recalls on this particular varmit.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
twistedrt01 said:
I used to have a sunfire ( stop laughing! ). My abs/break light came on because my altenator was going bad? Don't know why, but it just did. Anyhow just a suggestion.
Twisted, we'll forgive cuz you got an R/T.... and yes I know mines a wanna be R/T.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
my lights are on to and i can't get them to go off and i checked everything to. I even unpluged my Neg battery cable and my PCM.

But I have noticed that my speedometor doesn't work under
20 mph

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Oh and has anybody had any problems with their oil pressure. Mine drops to 0 but only when i come to a stop but it doesn't do it all the time. Is it the oil pressure sensor? and am I going to have to drop the oil pan to get to it?

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Adam - those are the same symptoms I had with my '99 CTD Ram p/u.
Replaced the differential speed sensor and fixed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts