Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi guys,

RATS the dumb light came on again today just coming home from grocery shopping. I guess as it appears I'll have to take to my mechanic this coming Friday!!! RATS!!!

Thanks for all your help.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ABS + Brake lights = bad speed sensor data being received by the computer.. Could be the sensor itself (on top of the rear differential) or a wiring problem - broken wire, and rotted connector, and etc.

It seems to be intermittent in your case - turning the ignition off resets the error until it happens again, and which is why it didn't come back after you stopped for gas.
TazRango,

OK you showed what the speed sensor looks like but what does the sensor itself look like??? Can you give me a pic of that????

Warren

·
9,487 Posts
You mean what's it look like mounted? It's the thing sticking out the top of the rear pumpkin with the wiring harness attached.. If you still need it tomorrow I'll go take a pic of mine.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You mean what's it look like mounted? It's the thing sticking out the top of the rear pumpkin with the wiring harness attached.. If you still need it tomorrow I'll go take a pic of mine.
TazRango,

No don't worry about it cuz I already made an appointment to take it in Friday so in my mind I'm prepared to have both "speed sensors" replaced if necessary AND possible the pumpkin one too.

Currently the ABS and Brake light went off again and that's my least worry now cuz in addition I got a P0302 code off the panel just this past weekend. I'll need to have those guys looks at that too. In the mean time I had to take a few days off from work (Friday,Saturday) to get these issues nipped in the bud.

Alas all I need is money:funny: I just hope they can do it in two days:huh:

rimfire,22

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey taz.. I have the same problem on a 05 dodge durango.. I changed the sensor went away.. Drove a block came right back on.. I did the battery stuff didnt work still is acting intermittently.. Checked cables everything is fine for breaks etc.. Went off for 2 days and now today it has come back on.. It seems when the car is cold its off untill the i drive maybe a mile and its right back on.. Only thing i can think of is the input sensor which would be the speed sensor thats in the transmission itself on the side by the drive shaft.. I have had it scanned and no codes.. This is my last resort.. Also i was thinking it could be for some ppl the emergency brake being engaged slightly.. Cause i did push it in and release it and it went off.. But i drove a half of block and boom back on.. Any ideals would be appreciated..
ABS + Brake lights = bad speed sensor data being received by the computer.. Could be the sensor itself (on top of the rear differential) or a wiring problem - broken wire, and rotted connector, and etc.

It seems to be intermittent in your case - turning the ignition off resets the error until it happens again, and which is why it didn't come back after you stopped for gas.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts