Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, now my truck has a issue with the ABS and Parking Brake lights being on. The only codes it comes up with are I think *Read below*, which it had before the lights came on, its a O2 sensor or somthin we where told.
My dad said the truck did it about 1 1/2- 2 yrs ago, but only for a bit, its been on for 3 days now, I assume its a brake issues, but they seem to work fine, along with the parking break.

EDIT: Just went and checked and it got more now, 300, 301, 303, 138, 305 in that order. I think 138 and 305 it had before., 300, 301, and 303 seem new.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Its the fuse......check all the fuses under the dash and under the hood......not just a visual check either.....continuity check.....I had the same thing.....abs and parking brake lights went on.......do your brake lights work at all?

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
If it was just the ABS light, I would say fuse.. But the fact that it's on with the brake warning light points toward the rear diff sensor. Are you having speedometer issues as well?

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
300 means misfires detected in multiple cylinders. 301, 303, and 305 show that the misfire is in cylinders 1,3, and 5. 138 is a malfunction in the driver's side front O2 sensor (high output voltage). It's pretty much a guarantee that this is responsible for the misfire codes.

Unfortunately none of these point to your original problem though. But replace all of your O2 sensors now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
300 means misfires detected in multiple cylinders. 301, 303, and 305 show that the misfire is in cylinders 1,3, and 5. 138 is a malfunction in the driver's side front O2 sensor (high output voltage). It's pretty much a guarantee that this is responsible for the misfire codes.

Unfortunately none of these point to your original problem though. But replace all of your O2 sensors now.
Would any form of a exhaust leak cause misfires? atm mine has 2 leaks in the front, the one on the drivers side sounds large.

Wont be able to get it in for days, also im sick to match so.

G

·
Would any form of a exhaust leak cause misfires? atm mine has 2 leaks in the front, the one on the drivers side sounds large.

Wont be able to get it in for days, also im sick to match so.
Major exhaust leaks will cause all those codes due to the 02 sensosr not getting the correct readings. All except the ABS/Brake lights and that is the ABS sensor on the passenger side top of the rear diff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to go its a major exhaust leak in the front. also the mech said before said the downstream o2 was bad.

·
Registered
242 Posts
x4

the speed/abs sensor on the diff. get the one with the new bracket and pigtail, comes as a kit. the old style is no longer available, just went thorugh this about a week ago

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the lights have gone off now, the Mech said it was prob moisture in the sensor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts