Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
most likely your brake pads banging around. On gen 1 and 2 the anvils (brake pad braket) will wear creating notches and alowing the pad to make an anoying knocking sound at low speeds. The fix is to buy new brackets or have the old ones welded in and reground to make a tight surface so the pads are not loose... it's not a bad problem but get someone to look at it to make sure I'm right and it's not something more severe

·
Registered
413 Posts
My 91 was making noises like that a couple weeks ago. Until one night I had to make a sudden stop and locked the tires up, I then heard a loud moan and had no idea what it was. The truck started pulling HARD LEFT and I got home and looked at the front suspension. The upper control arm had slid all the way to its adjustment limits so the caster and camber was all jacked up. Had to get it realigned and made triple sure the control arm bolts were tight on both sides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.