Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok seriously if you think about this do you really think it would hit hard. Ran into a guy around my way (Actually i heard him from around the block) my front door was open and here comes this guy playing Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys but that wasn't what i was raven over, see i heard this guy from at a couple blocks away but i heard everything, it was no distorting or breaking or anything it was the cleanest loudest system i heard in my life literally. and i had to stop him and see what he was running. i look in his ford ranger club cab and in his back cab this guy had a cutthrough with 8 kicker 6x9's inside the cab and 8 kicker 6x9's facing outwards in the bed of his truck with a hard cover tono on top and fellas let me tell ya his $h!t was LOUD 6 tweeters and he wouldnt tell me the amps he was running those things to. But has anyone ever thought of that or no, because if you get a excellant quality of 6x9's i beleive you really wont need subs. I'm not thinkin about it just some insite.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
you put any sized, good brand speakers outside in the bed of your truck and its going to rock...theres no walls or windows for the sound waves to bounce off, echo, and distort eachother. just alot of space to fly.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can't really imagine what it would sound like, but i don't think that it would be worth the investment. If you got some really good 6x9s say at $120 a pair and used 4 pairs, thats $480. I know that you could get some really good 12s or 15s for less than that! But if anyone wants to try it, more power to 'em.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I saw a Super Street car last year in dbDrag hit over a 150 on the new termlab sensor w/ a wall of 6*9s. The guys woofers weren't in yet so he threw a bunch of 6*9s in a wall just for the hell of it to see what it could do.

It can be done and it can get loud. But for the price you're much better off just getting some woofers. If the loudest system you've ever heard consisted of a few 6*9s, you need to start sittin in some real cars :p BTW....why wouldn't he tell you what kind of amp he had? :huh:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JohnnyKo12 said:
I saw a Super Street car last year in dbDrag hit over a 150 on the new termlab sensor w/ a wall of 6*9s. The guys woofers weren't in yet so he threw a bunch of 6*9s in a wall just for the hell of it to see what it could do.

It can be done and it can get loud. But for the price you're much better off just getting some woofers. If the loudest system you've ever heard consisted of a few 6*9s, you need to start sittin in some real cars :p BTW....why wouldn't he tell you what kind of amp he had? :huh:

dont know why he wouldnt tell me but when i said loud i may have mis qouted myself. I meant one of the cleanest systems i've heard sometimes its not all about the bass. sometimes i wanna hear what the person is saying other then hearing all that bass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts