Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to install my a pillar pod this weekend. i need input from anyone else who has installed one.

mine appears that i have to screw it to the existing pillar plastic while cutting holes through it for the wires/copper line for the oil guage to run. any i may have to trim it down to fit properly without rubbing my dash.

yes ill be painting it to match the rest of the interior.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Looks like the one I have which I havn't "attached". I have guages installed and wired up, but it's just kind of pushed up on the pillar, nothing but friction holding it in place. Haven't decided how I want to attach it yet because I want it to be easy to remove if I need to take the guages out and I would prefer not to use screws to hold it on.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the same but but it rubbed my dash. Thought maybe a tiny peice of 3m tape and foam on bottom gauge pod for insulation against rubbing.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
do not use the types of gauges that have the copper line coming inside the vehicle, they will always leak. Installing gauge pods is a PITA, you do have to fit it over the factory A-pillar, very much a trial and error. When I did mine, I reinstalled the factory cover, then put the pod unit overtop, adjusted it to where I wanted it (fit/finish/appearance) then drilled a hole.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a plastic line gauge for 4yrs and never broke it.

I like the live results of the mechanical gauges vs the issues electical ones can have with bad sensors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts