Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hemi Grand Cherokee. He took off from the light with me next to him, he got a length on the jump because I spun, but then we kept going and he couldn't pull on me, and I was on mud tires... Thats sex, Ialmost shit myself when I saw he was going nowhere... He caught me at the next light, he was like "Oh, it's got a Hemi too?" And I said "nope." He was like "Oh, then whats with the badges?" I said "It was a joke haha." And he was like "So what, a 5.9?" I was like "No sir, 4.7" and he just stared at me with this shocked look. The light turns green and he said "I dunno what you did to that thing buddy, but keep it up! Nice work!" I yelled "Thanks" and he turned a little up the road, and we gave each other a thumbs up.

·
Mike
839 Posts
Good deal... :biggthump

Theres a 1/4 mile strip near my house that me and my buddy clocked our trucks at...he has a 05 hemi quad cab short bed. I got almost a full second faster than him...Mine has the air filter, exhuast, removed clutch fan, and nearly bald tires at the time that hooked up awesome, and his was bone stock, but i was amazed by it.

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Yea, Them Hemi GC's are QUICK. My 92 was dead even with one from 60-100 where he chickened out. I was VERY impressed. he looked really peev'd that he didn't smoke me. Little FYI to that GC owner. YOU DRIVE A HUGE SUV not a little truck :biggthump

Nice Death :rofl:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hemi drivers LOVE to race. It's just silly to point that I don't waste the gas anymore.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Speaking of hemi GC's. Have you guys seen the commercial for the srt-8 with the birds? I love it and that jeep is going to be one bad mother on the street with awd.

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
It's AWD? I thought it was only 2-wheel drive?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was pretty sure those were going to be awd. Ill call my uncle in detriot and find out tomarrow either way the srt vehicles are bad.

·
relocated Cannuck
188 Posts
Yup....

shakerR/T said:
I was pretty sure those were going to be awd. Ill call my uncle in detriot and find out tomarrow either way the srt vehicles are bad.
You are right Dude.. a Jeep with 420 ponies stock and all wheel drive
I have already had dreams of that driveline under my dak with a blown motor
that would be............very expensive but fun :banana2:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Extremely fun. I would just pull an awd setup off of a trashed durango r/t or something that might be an easier install and cheaper and get yourself a 5.7 crate motor with a kenny bell twin screw or something like that for the instant boost and that would be one hell of a street sleeper. Nice quiet exhaust with a small cam. I would go turbo if it was me:). the 5.7 is more than enough with forced induction. To bad Chrysler scrapped selling the 6.1 as a crate. Only a few got out before the decided not to do that. Oh and BTW dan thats a good run for you with a 4wd quad you have about 100 less h/p than that hemi stock anyways.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you driven a Liberty with the 3.7L? You wanna talk about slow and a pig on gas.

·
gettin hearing aids by 30
510 Posts
i hope you are not dissing on the 3.7. i like my 3.7 and think it has some get up and go for a V6. i only hope that they make a 3.7HO for the Liberty, so i cam get the parts for my 3.7 and if you think the 3.7 was slow think of how bad it would be with a 2.8 I-4.

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
darwinbohnke said:
i hope you are not dissing on the 3.7. i like my 3.7 and think it has some get up and go for a V6. i only hope that they make a 3.7HO for the Liberty, so i cam get the parts for my 3.7 and if you think the 3.7 was slow think of how bad it would be with a 2.8 I-4.
The 3.7 Libertys are total dogs, Im sure its just as bad in a CC dak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.